PDA

View Full Version : Ghost towns other than America

proud_jew
09-29-2005, 03:20 AM
What about seting up a website for towns that are not just in United States and Canada?

Ghosttowns.com
09-30-2005, 10:38 AM
Such as where? Many and maybe most other countries didnt have a recent (last few hundred years) migration of people - hence the "Old West" - Australia might be about the only other continent but what were you suggesting?

old judge
09-30-2005, 03:36 PM
Hit it a lick Pilgrim. A lot of effort goes into hosting a site dedicated to U. S. and Canada. A website dedicated to areas outside North America would be great. While I have no interest in it, Flatiron might, depending on the accomodations. He requires some consideration, but, in my experience, not much. Let us know when you got that site up.......OJ

Flatiron
09-30-2005, 04:26 PM
It seems I've lost interest in Ghosttowns.com, OJ, and definitetly not a website catering to ghost towns in other countries. Adios Vaqueros.........

old judge
09-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Flatiron: ???????? OJ

Dezdan
10-01-2005, 12:32 AM
What about seting up a website for towns that are not just in United States and Canada?Dude, give it up already! This site is about the US and Canadian ghost towns, NOT Israeli ghost towns! You already made your political statement blaming the US for the Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza Strip elsewhere in this forum (http://tinyurl.com/czcaq), why push it? You're just wasting peoples time now!

~Dezdan

Cecile
10-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Obviously there are many types of ghost towns all over the world, for many different reasons. However ghosttowns.com chooses to emphasis ghosttowns in the United States & Canada. Perhaps if this person is so interested in ghosttowns elsewhere around the world that person should think about creating a website of his own just for that purpose. Most of us here at ghosttowns.com do not choose this to be a place for political issues of ghosttowns, either. However, if one chooses to create his own website, he would be welcome to talk about whatever he chose there. If he did get a website
together, I feel it would be appropriate for him to announce his new website so anyone here that
wished to could visit & participate as they wish. But one would hope an announcement in the in the event such a website was created, would be just that, only an announcement, not the start of in appropriate discussions for ghosttowns.com.

Most of us here are also interested primarily in ghosttowns that are part of the American Old West, with a lot of emphasis on the mining history of the time period that created many of these abandoned old towns. We enjoy sharing information about this colorful time period and how to explore them in our modern day 4wd vehicles, or in the history books. And I believe that is why ghosttowns.com was created to begin with.

GaryB
10-09-2005, 09:22 AM
It's always easier to come into an established site and complain about what the web managers should be doing and how than to actually go out and do it yourself.

coolguy0621
03-10-2006, 01:45 PM
I have to agree with Cecile. If your intersted in this sort of thing and there is no web site or forum for it already, WHY NOT MAKE ONE IF YOU KNOW HOW???

If you build it they will come! Right?

mecca
03-17-2006, 01:17 PM
I am looking for a ghostown called Gospoda and I believe that its location is in Arkansas. Can anyone help me locate this ghostown, I am unable to find any information on it. Thank You

old judge
03-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Mecca: Last I looked, Arkansas was in America, that is, the United States of. And yes, Mecca, there is a Gospoda. Prairie County. 34-53-19N, 91-29-42W. Let us know what's there. Looks kinda Ghosty to me. And it's just a few hops, skips and jumps down to Peckerwood Lake. OJ