PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious California Backcountry Stories

Cecile
10-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Keeping in mind that the definition of a ghost town, is an abandoned town which is a ghost of it's former self and it is not necesarily haunted by ghosts, some ghost towns & backcountry areas do have some interesting strange and mysterious stories. Whether you believe in them or not, California's backcountry is full of these types of stories, and they make interesting reading, and can add a little spice to our ghosttowning adventures, particularly around Halloween time or around the old campfire at night. If you check out my October website you can read stories all up and down California from Anza Borrego to Bridgeport. I was even fortunate enough to receive a picture of one of the occurances to go with the story.
www.explorehistoricalif.com

Johnnie
10-08-2005, 06:40 AM
Keeping in mind that the definition of a ghost town, is an abandoned town which is a ghost of it's former self and it is not necesarily haunted by ghosts, some ghost towns & backcountry areas do have some interesting strange and mysterious stories. Whether you believe in them or not, California's backcountry is full of these types of stories, and they make interesting reading, and can add a little spice to our ghosttowning adventures, particularly around Halloween time or around the old campfire at night. If you check out my October website you can read stories all up and down California from Anza Borrego to Bridgeport. I was even fortunate enough to receive a picture of one of the occurances to go with the story.
www.explorehistoricalif.com (http://www.explorehistoricalif.com/)Yes! Cecile, Your right on the money, about unusal happings in the back country. Just like that story we posted last year about "Gold Hill" in Oregon and the strange story of the assay office having a vortex inside and everyone that enters has a strange feeling of feeling faint, but when they return outside the feeling disappears.

Also this month there should be some interesting stories about ghost towns on Cable and Satelite. And the programs are usually on these channels (HGTV) and History Channel and the Discovery Channel and History International channel and maybe some others channels check your T V. guide reguarly. We will post what ever we find on the bulletin board that is ghost town related, and we are sure our fellow ghosttowners will keep us posted also.

Johnnie & Sheila