PDA

View Full Version : Hiking Thread

Ghostdancer
10-13-2005, 06:40 AM
Who here enjoys a good hike?

I do, but haven't done much of it; there's a trail leading to an ice cave that I want to check out this weekend.

The Tombstone area has some trails leading to historic spots.

Tom

Johnnie
11-27-2005, 07:01 AM
Tom, did you get to check out that cave you were going to hike too???

J & S

Ghostdancer
11-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Tom, did you get to check out that cave you were going to hike too???

J & S
Yes, I did. Really isn't an ice cave though; it's called that since cool air blows out of it the year round. It is fenced off for protection and preservation.

Tom

coolguy0621
03-21-2006, 04:44 PM
I got an idea...............Lets jump in the van.........and go to tombstone.........mama said.....It's the best, we can go hiking everywhere. Yay

Ghostdancer
03-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Ah yes, I took the hike to Contention a few years back with two friends. If you go in that direction and then hike along the tracks you'll come to Boquillas which has one brick building; at least it did back in 1990.

There are some nice areas along the San Pedro. The other danger I'm informed of is quicksand in some areas.

Tom

Blissful
03-22-2006, 07:32 AM
This past summer i went hiking up in the northeastern pa to try and find this place people told me about and all i found was a stunning waterfall and a pile of rocks that once was the building. It was sad, but still got some great pics!

Lovelyperson
04-11-2006, 10:00 AM
i may be that Spring around chicago - kansas/nebraska.
depence i get a drive as i didn't found a propper Train or Greyhound station yet