PDA

View Full Version : Ruth, NV

Mazmanian.net
10-18-2005, 11:12 AM
If memory serves, there were quite a few buildings semi-intact and a nice rolling landscape with roads and mines.

Has anyone been around there, say, in the last four years? What's the situation?

And the open-pit copper dig: How's it holding-up?

Thanks in advance.

L.

Bob
10-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Since the last four years they have done some work on the real Railroad above where the Ghost train runs, they tried some mining but things seem slow nowadays. I come up into Ely traveling east on 6 and turn at the summit and take the nice drive down through Ruth to 50 whenever I have the time and it is daytime. Seems much the same earlier this summer when I last visited. Was hoping to go by there tomorrow but freaking work got in the way. I should have an occasion to be up there before Christmas, I'll scout it out again. .

Mason Dave
10-19-2005, 06:00 PM
I will also being going that way in mid-December and will post my "findings" here...

Mazmanian.net
10-22-2005, 08:35 AM
they tried some mining but things seem slow nowadays...

So, the pit is just catching rain for the time, eh?

Thanks for the info!

L.

Mazmanian.net
10-22-2005, 08:36 AM
I will also being going that way in mid-December and will post my "findings" here...

Cool. Would love to see some recent shots.

L.

acecomike
10-22-2005, 09:00 PM
I moved from Ruth about two years ago and last time I was there, there were still some structures up along the old mine road (A44). If you plan on going there in mid Dec. you'd better have some good floatation on your 4X4. It can get pretty deep up there and they don't plow (A44) from Hwy 6 to the mine. ACE

GaryB
11-01-2005, 04:53 PM
There's been talk of reworking the mine dump again, but I haven't heard anything new. There's a fellow that lives there that is the President or whatever of my local 4X club, and they have a big rally in July there every year.

ElyJon
11-10-2005, 10:58 PM
The mine has reopened and should be in business for the next decade or so. Ruth is turning back into a little out of the way blue collar mining town.