PDA

View Full Version : old dale mining district

honuboy311
10-26-2005, 09:04 AM
anyone been there recently? condition of structures, mines?
thanks

Johnnie
10-26-2005, 10:22 AM
There are two "Dales," the old, and the new, The New Dale, ruins was visiable from the highway going east out of Twentynine Palms about 10 or 15 miles, but Old Dale is several miles s/e of New Dale, on a dirt road and i was at both in the mid 1950s with my friend Don, and there was buildindings, and equipment, still intact, which by the way i took 8mm film of what there was left then, but I was there in the mid 1980s and there was nothing left, at the New Dale but a foundation, but at the Old Dale there was just an old tank left then.

Today we don't know what is left probably nothing. We will have to leave that, for our fellow ghosttowners to answer.

Johnnie and Sheila

dtm
05-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Johnnie
Do you have any pictures of New Dale from the 50's?
I was out there about a month ago trying to show my kids where the town used to be from a old newspaper photo, but did not have much luck.
Dan

Johnnie
05-13-2006, 05:24 AM
Johnnie
Do you have any pictures of New Dale from the 50's?
I was out there about a month ago trying to show my kids where the town used to be from a old newspaper photo, but did not have much luck.
Dan

Dan, We can't find any still photo we took pictures but haven't been able to locate them as yet, But I have 8mm film of the the mines.

Johnnie & Sheila

Johnnie
05-15-2006, 10:28 AM
There are two "Dales," the old, and the new, The New Dale, ruins was visiable from the highway going east out of Twentynine Palms about 10 or 15 miles, but Old Dale is several miles s/e of New Dale, on a dirt road and i was at both in the mid 1950s with my friend Don, and there was buildindings, and equipment, still intact, which by the way i took 8mm film of what there was left then, but I was there in the mid 1980s and there was nothing left, at the New Dale but a foundation, but at the Old Dale there was just an old tank left then.

Today we don't know what is left probably nothing. We will have to leave that, for our fellow ghosttowners to answer.

Johnnie and Sheila

What is the latest on the old Dale mining disdrict. Are the 50 ft. diametor tanks gone also??? I have not visited the area since mid 1980s

Johnnie & Sheila

dtm
05-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Johnnie
I think the tanks that you are talking about are the cyanide tanks at the Virginia Dale mine. They are still there. The New Dale town site only has a few stone foundations and dump sites. If you ever locate your pics, I would love to see them.
Thanks
Dan