PDA

View Full Version : Parker's Glen/Carr's Rock

Blissful
11-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Ok, so I have found a lot of history on this place. But, I'm not sure if its worth trying to find. Anyone know anything on the present situation of this old town?

linksman2000
01-29-2006, 05:49 AM
Ok, so I have found a lot of history on this place. But, I'm not sure if its worth trying to find. Anyone know anything on the present situation of this old town?

My name is Joseph Parker Pitkin and Parker's Glen was named for my great grandfather, Elijah Strong Parker. My family spent a couple of weeks there every summer in the 1930's and I remember some things about the place. Have not been there since then but I have recently moved to PA - near Wilmington DE - and plan to go there.

I am assembling a famiy history and would be very interested in what you have on the Glen! JPP

Blissful
01-29-2006, 01:33 PM
I have actually not been able to get much history on this place. That's why i turned to his site for help. I live in PA near Reading, but my fiance's family leaves up north, near center all and our by the ohio border so we travel alot. When I heard of this place, I was just wondering if there was anything left to stop and walk for a bit.

Blissful
01-29-2006, 01:34 PM
just wanted to make a correction i have found information on the train accident but thats about all.

bigjim
12-26-2006, 08:13 PM
My name is Joseph Parker Pitkin and Parker's Glen was named for my great grandfather, Elijah Strong Parker. My family spent a couple of weeks there every summer in the 1930's and I remember some things about the place. Have not been there since then but I have recently moved to PA - near Wilmington DE - and plan to go there.

I am assembling a famiy history and would be very interested in what you have on the Glen! JPP
my great grand father lived in carr's rock parkers glen,pa but the town was destroy in 1955 by hurricane diana. my mom lives right accross in ny from parker glen,pa. i would like more history on parkers glen,pa if you would share it with me. thanks.leona. my great grand father was joesph e malliet.

bigjim
12-26-2006, 08:17 PM
the town was destroy in 1955 by hurricane diana.my great grand father use to live there.if you could would you share the history on the town my mom lives right accross the river where the town use to be in ny.

shohola979
02-20-2008, 07:55 AM
I grew up in Shohola,PA not far from the old town of Parker's Glen and would be more than happy to give you some additional details of the place. Please email me at shohola979@yahoo.com for more specifics.

The Graveyards, watertower, old foundations, and a beautiful waterfall are still there. It is private property though, so beware.

John Hull
01-23-2010, 04:58 PM
My great grandfather OP Schoonover married the widow Mary (Murray) Parker who had at least two childre; George S and Kate B Parker. Any relation of yours?

Trying2DoFamilyTree
04-10-2013, 11:41 PM
While searching my Great Grandfather I found his draft registration card from WW2. Having come from Austria to America as a young boy in the start of the 1900's I have discovered he changed his nationality & birthplace with the political climate of the time. He listed his birthplace as Parker's Glen Pa, but I can't find any connection within my family to this town.

The last name is Beranek. Otto Anthony is his given name, & on at least one occasion he used Anthony as his first name. He lived in Manhattan as a child & continued to live there until about 1920 or a bit earlier. At that time he moved his family to a small farm in Old Bridge / Madison Township, NJ while continuing to commute from Spotswood, NJ via train until his death in the 1950's.

Any info would be great. Thanks so much! B.

bob3 was bob2
04-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Good luck B, hope you find the info you are looking for. :)