PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Colorado ghost towns

utah-ghost
11-19-2005, 02:54 PM
I am looking for directions and information to ghost towns along the Colorado river on the Arizona side. These need to be accessable by land.

Richard Greville
11-20-2005, 02:43 PM
If your willing to drive 30 miles east of the Colorado River, I can direct you to 7 towns and many mine sites. 3 can be accessed with a sedan, some with a mini van and others need a high clearence vehicle such as a pick up or 4X4. A lot depends on your skill and experence over rough terrain. You will not be able to see all of them in one day. If
it's a week end, I'll guide to to as many as time permits.
There are 4 buildings still standing amoung the various towns. One must be accessed by foot for the last 1/2 mile , the path is rocky and steep but worth it. Let me know your plans and I'll email you my phone number.
Rick

Ghostdancer
11-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Be interested in knowing this as well; the only such place along the river I know of is Picacho, on the California side.

Tom

Bob
11-21-2005, 07:48 PM
There al sorts of nifty places on the Arizona Side in Mohave County and then south from there. Lake Mead has many under water upstream from Hoover Dam and then you get into the Canyon and other there ain't too many to Utah. I'd sure be glad to give you the info on places across from Nevada and point ya in the correct direction when you get down by the Needles and south to Parker. DOn't know too much south of there but I bet others can take all the way to Yuma BUT That ain't Northwest Arizona :)