PDA

View Full Version : black diamond, az

coling
11-19-2005, 08:55 PM
This February, I took a drive into the Dragoons on the desolate, one-lane dirt road that runs through from near Tombstone to Pearce (I highly recommend the drive).
I had read about Black Diamond, but the directions were sketchy. I looked for a possible turn-off on the drive but found nothing that looked like it could be it.
Has anyone been here? If so, where is it? I have a 4x2 pick-up which can generally handle nasty roads but not sand or very steep inclines. Can I make it in my truck, and if not, how far is it from the main road?

Thanks in advance,
Colin

old judge
11-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Coling: Go to www.topozone.com (http://www.topozone.com) , "view maps", and go to Lat 31-50-37, Long 109-54-24. This is the Lat/Long from GNIS, and appears to be close. OJ

Johnnie
01-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Coling: Go to www.topozone.com (http://www.topozone.com/) , "view maps", and go to Lat 31-50-37, Long 109-54-24. This is the Lat/Long from GNIS, and appears to be close. OJO J The map shows several "bumpie" roads, to Black Diomond. We wonder if "Coling", ever found this remont location or is our fellow ghosttowner still out there lost in Arizona back roads.

J & S

ARIZONA GUIDE
01-07-2006, 08:15 AM
The climb up into black diamond peak area is a 4x4 road for sure. You do not want to get half way and have to back out. It is a long ways down if you slide of the road you can kiss it goodby. The best way to explore that area is by ATV.I Deer hunt the area a bunch. Once you get through the pass you will need 4x4 to get very far in the bowl area as well. While you are in there keep your eyes pilled for Mountainlions. I have taken two in there and seen many.

As you go past the ranch on the left hand side I think the three sister I am not sure of the name though. You will see some roads to the left. one of those will take you up there into china camp Black diamond area. If you stay on middle march until it turns a sharp north there is a road that gose right. It is an old ghost town site as well.