PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl 40

Ghostdancer
01-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Just thought I'd ask. Who do you feel will win the upcoming Super Bowl in Detroit? Who do you want to win?

I think the Steelers are going to take it. I feel that their playoff run has been the most impressive.

Tom

Bob
01-24-2006, 10:48 AM
I think this is the first time I haven't had a favorite in a long time. Both teams have loyal fans, class players and momentum. Don't care much for free agency and since Shawn Alexander hasn't committed to staying and since I'd really like to see Jerome Bettis go out with a Super Bowl Win think I'm going to root for the Steelers but really I'm just looking forward to a great game!

old judge
01-24-2006, 04:12 PM
I haven't followed this real closely, but my money is on the University of Oklahoma Sooner Football Team..Odds??? Mike

GaryB
01-24-2006, 06:53 PM
I haven't followed this real closely, but my money is on the University of Oklahoma Sooner Football Team..Odds??? Mike

You typed that while wearing one of those big red foam OK #1 "hand" and a big red OK foam hat didn't you :p

IN that case, since I'm an ND Irish loyalist, I'd have to vote for Pittsburgh so the "Bus" can go out in style.

Blissful
01-25-2006, 05:56 AM
i personally have to say that this year doesnt mean much to me. im an eagles girl but i cant say much about the team this year. however, ill have to go for the steelers only because an old college room mate of mine love the steelers. when a jamaican girl gets excited over a sport she knows nothing about its worth cheering for that team!

Ghostdancer
01-25-2006, 06:05 AM
Being a Packers fan (which could have been guessed by my sig) I'm wondering as are others if Brett Favre will retire and not return next season.

Tom

Flatiron
01-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Am I the only one here pulling for the Seahawks? I've been a Seahawks fan for 30 years, and it's about time for a ring................

Ghostdancer
01-26-2006, 05:52 AM
Am I the only one here pulling for the Seahawks? I've been a Seahawks fan for 30 years, and it's about time for a ring................
Are you in or near Seattle?

Dezdan
01-26-2006, 12:33 PM
What's the Superbowl? :rolleyes:

Flatiron
01-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Ghostdancer.....No, I don't live in Seattle, and never have. I became a Seahawk fan 30 years ago, because I hated the Oakland Raiders then, and still do. Of course they were in the same division at that time. Anyway, I sure hope they win, as Boston won the World Series, so why not the Seahawks?............

Bob
01-26-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm a bit like Dezdan, I enjoy a good game but don't have a favorite team. Flatiron, I do have teams I dislike and the traitors have been at the top of my list since they did that "were gonna go play in Southern California " stunt. I did like players like Blanda and Otto in the way back years but teams with owners that mistreat their fans, teams with Primadona Players, teams that brag to much usually allow me to root for the other team. This year I find the owners, the coaches, the players on both teams are class acts. I plan on nesting in front of the TV and enjoying the game!

Ghostdancer
02-04-2006, 07:08 AM
Ghostdancer.....No, I don't live in Seattle, and never have. I became a Seahawk fan 30 years ago, because I hated the Oakland Raiders then, and still do. Of course they were in the same division at that time. Anyway, I sure hope they win, as Boston won the World Series, so why not the Seahawks?............
I have a cousin who lives in the area and have been there to visit five times, but that doesn't mean I'm pulling for the Seahawks; I'm neuteral, but as a matter of opinion I have to pick the Steelers to win.

Tom

Ghostdancer
02-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Wasn't impressed with the Rolling Stones half time performance, but Satisfaction was fitting for those rooting for Pittsburgh.

Tom

old judge
02-06-2006, 08:53 AM
How did the Sooners do? OJ

Blissful
02-07-2006, 05:40 AM
There is something wrong with a sixty some guy prancing around in girls clothing. And the sea hawks were kind of sad in there game, they should have just wrapped it up, placed a bow on it and said Merry Christmas! Not to mention that the Steelers happily took that gift. It wasnt the worst game I've watched, but i was rather bored during it.

Flatiron
02-07-2006, 06:01 PM
The Rolling Stones STUNK! The refs STUNK! and I guess you could say the Seahawks stunk, to a certain extent. Pittsburgh didn't really impress me a whole lot, and the Seahwaks actually did play well enough to win, which isn't saying much. Oh well, next year? By the way, the Stones have to be the ugliest bunch of musicians ever assembled on one stage. There were more wrinkles than a box of prunes........................