PDA

View Full Version : Copper Creek is calling me

brian10x
04-12-2006, 04:27 AM
Copper Creek (AZ) is calling me.
I've been there twice, both times made the trek to the Sibley mansion. Been to the Bunker Hill mine.
Some of my research indicates there may be more to investigate there. More mines, more ruins.
I get the impression that I need to go a bit further on the left track (from the Copper Creek concrete slab) to find these mines.
I was also wondering if there was anything interesting beyond the Bunker Hill mine to the right. Its been a few years and I'm starting to forget.
Of course, in addition to anything old and abandoned in the area, I'm always looking for creepy or "haunted" sites while ghost town hunting.
As always, I'm anxious to hear from the old farts around here for your opinions. Of course,at 46, my farts are a bit aged themselves.:p Brian

SuzukiTom
04-17-2006, 07:19 PM
You'd better hurry if you want to explore any of the old mines in the Copper Creek area. There are extensive efforts going on to "reclaim" them. To me, that's no more then "officially" sanctioned vandalism of history!:mad:

Tom H.

brian10x
04-18-2006, 04:13 AM
You'd better hurry if you want to explore any of the old mines in the Copper Creek area. There are extensive efforts going on to "reclaim" them. To me, that's no more then "officially" sanctioned vandalism of history!:mad:

Tom H.

Thanks for the tip. I better take a lot of pictures, it sounds like memories are all that will be left soon.:mad: :mad: :mad:

old judge
04-18-2006, 10:52 AM
How are the roads up that way. Bumpy i'll bet. OJ

CHEVY1
04-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Relax, you were given incorrect information. The only mine that is undergoing reclaimation/restoration is the BHP San Manuel Copper Mine. Its a 2+yr project. I'm here from NH working on it.