PDA

View Full Version : Pearce, Arizona General Store

Ghostdancer
04-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Is the old merchantile in Pearce still open as a museum and if so, what days/hours?

Tom

Peggy
04-21-2006, 01:39 PM
I drove through Pearce a few months ago. A woman who runs a pottery shop directly across the street from the old mercantile said it's only opened a few times a year.

Ghostdancer
04-22-2006, 05:40 AM
According to information that I just got from another source the stores does open once a year at close to Thanksgiving and a festival is held which includes music and food. Might be worth checking out.

My grandmother who passed away a year ago once told me that my great grandfather contemplated purchasing the store many years ago.

Tom

oro-y-plata
04-22-2006, 02:18 PM
Somewher in my collection of photos, I've got a few photos, taken about twenty years ago, inside the Pierce General Store, showing the 'antiques' that were for sale. Everything from lace up grannie boots (that are now back in style) to ice skates (who would want to buy ice skates in Pierce, Arizona?)

Ghostdancer
04-22-2006, 03:46 PM
The only time I was inside the store was back in the summer of 1990 after it was converted into a museum, but you could still purchase a soft drink.

Tom

Mikejts
04-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Hey - I just visited Pearce AZ. Okay I lied , I went to this site.
http://www.oldpearcestore.com/
I was having trouble remembering where it was. Didn't want to sound like a fool so I looked it up. :cool:

Ghostdancer
04-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Hey - I just visited Pearce AZ. Okay I lied , I went to this site.
http://www.oldpearcestore.com/
I was having trouble remembering where it was. Didn't want to sound like a fool so I looked it up. :cool:

Didn't know there was a website for the store; thanks Mikejts.

Now you'll need to visit Pearce and see the store. ;)

Mikejts
04-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Didn't know there was a website for the store; thanks Mikejts.

Now you'll need to visit Pearce and see the store. ;)

I will be in AZ in May, Not long enough to get to Pearce. I will be taking mom (92 years young) to some ghost towns around Phoenix. She can't travel far and I will only be there for 3 days. Have to make it to Pearce on the next trip. :D

brian10x
04-23-2006, 07:18 PM
I passed through Pearce today. The store looked closed, but I didn't get out of the car to check for sure.

AZ_Chris
01-12-2011, 03:40 AM
I used to go inside the store during the eighties as a kid with my parents.
I barely remember what it was like in there.. lots of old dusty rusty things.
I remember climbing those big stairs tho and I'm glad its still around. Just wish it was still open.
I still drive by it all the time when I go camping nearby.