PDA

View Full Version : Virus alert

bad bob
05-10-2006, 01:38 PM
For those that do not know, just received word of the worst virus ever according to Microsoft & CNN, brand new and recently detected by McAfee.
No matter who sends it to you, do not open any email marked "Invitation" or similar, or anyone unknown sending you an email. The alert was sent to me by a reliable source, so I doubt if it's a hoax.
Anyway if opened, an Olympic Torch "burns" your hard drive. Emails are sent by people with your address on their contact list. Hoax or not, I delete ALL emails sent by unknowns.
bb.

Bob
05-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Sure missed your surly sarcastic wit.

GaryB
05-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Just to be safe I put a condom on my PC, no viruses getting in that sucker!

bad bob
05-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Well thanks YAB
We surly, sarcastic types enjoy being missed, especially by the heavily armed sharpshooters in AZ.
Occasionaly spammers do slip in here, and the urge to send them thru the grates of **** becomes, well just too much to bear.
Then you have the rare prankster like Booze, er Woz, er Cuz, er Boz, yeah that's it, who wants to rile decent, law-abidin' folk. He's on his way out here now from Wisconsin to be the guest of dishonor, (oops). Elvira, one of satan's brides, will be showing him around, and then he'll be presented with "the shovel".
From here, he'll be the main course, ...I mean guest, over in Arizona.
bb.