PDA

View Full Version : BAD! Rant

brian10x
06-16-2006, 07:03 PM
My (cat is) bad.
My (spleen is) bad.
My (usage of the English language is) bad.
My (boss is) bad, I think I will have to kill him.

My bad is not a sentence.:mad:

My car needs (to be) washed.
My brain needs (to be) used.

To be, or not to be, its your stupidity at stake.

If you call me a dog, I will not respond. I don't care how cute you spell it. Dawg?

Rant over.:mad: :mad: :mad:

bad bob
06-16-2006, 08:00 PM
OOoooooohhhhhh Bri...
Temper, temper. Do I sense a bit of hostility over my use of the slang phrase "my bad?

Didja have a "bad" day out in the heat writin' them service orders? TGIF is here, so ya can relax, sip some ice tea, smoke a ham.....

You kinda reminded me of George Carlin, who I like a lot.
Lately, he has been ranting about pc invading his country.
He says "it's not a rainstorm anymore, it's a rain event."
"You're not poor, you're financially challenged", etc.

I'm liable to spray all kinds of mixed, broken, shattered, fractured, obscured, or foreign language here. If you didn't like the prase "my bad", you may go ballistic on some of my other linguistics. Hopefully not, but I can't promise. OK? No shooting at me either, I dent easily, and I'm slow.
bb.

brian10x
06-16-2006, 08:11 PM
OOoooooohhhhhh Bri...
Temper, temper. Do I sense a bit of hostility over my use of the slang phrase "my bad?

Didja have a "bad" day out in the heat writin' them service orders? TGIF is here, so ya can relax, sip some ice tea, smoke a ham.....

You kinda reminded me of George Carlin, who I like a lot.
Lately, he has been ranting about pc invading his country.
He says "it's not a rainstorm anymore, it's a rain event."
"You're not poor, you're financially challenged", etc.

I'm liable to spray all kinds of mixed, broken, shattered, fractured, obscured, or foreign language here. If you didn't like the prase "my bad", you may go ballistic on some of my other linguistics. Hopefully not, but I can't promise. OK? No shooting at me either, I dent easily, and I'm slow.
bb.
I just hope I don't encounter any illegals this weekend. The only thing I hate more than bad English is good Spanish.
:mad:

GaryB
06-16-2006, 09:22 PM
The only thing I hate more than bad English is good Spanish.
:mad:

That shouldn't be a problem either. I know as my wife is a teacher and most of the kids fresh off the U-Haul can't speak, write or comprehend their own language much less than the one she's trying to teach.

Have fun breaking in your new toy. BTW, you make a seat or a spot for the Sausage to sit on it yet?

bad bob
06-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Well, I think were ok then.
My spanish is rusty, and "my bad" english is intentional rather than inherent.

I recommend anger management. As you know this comes in many forms. For you, target practice seems the likely defuser. You'll have to decide what target is appropriate. But let me know if yer headed this way. My passport is outdated.
bb.

brian10x
06-17-2006, 04:37 PM
That shouldn't be a problem either. I know as my wife is a teacher and most of the kids fresh off the U-Haul can't speak, write or comprehend their own language much less than the one she's trying to teach.

Have fun breaking in your new toy. BTW, you make a seat or a spot for the Sausage to sit on it yet?
The places I'm going are far too rough for a little dog. Between the heat and the bouncing around so violently, its no place for my best friend to be. :mad:

brian10x
06-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Well, I think were ok then.
My spanish is rusty, and "my bad" english is intentional rather than inherent.

I recommend anger management. As you know this comes in many forms. For you, target practice seems the likely defuser. You'll have to decide what target is appropriate. But let me know if yer headed this way. My passport is outdated.
bb.

I forgot to add a few tips for the little uneducated basteges:

MY BAD parents don't care if I smoke crack and skip school.

MY BAD attitude is going to get me a job hauling trash to support my pregnant girlfriend.

MY BAD stereo that can create enough bass to stop a pacemaker is going to leave me bitter and hearing impaired in my old age.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

GaryB
06-17-2006, 11:33 PM
MY BAD parents don't care if I smoke crack and skip school.

Two days before school was let out, my wife, her schools psychologist and special ed director went to a kids house where the parent never came in to conference for their kid. Wouldn't answer the phone or call back. After 30 minutes of knocking and watching people look at them through the blanket over the window, she came out. The 45 minute conference was crammed into a 5 minute speech before the parent just signed the paper work so they'd leave. The kid has missed 80 days of school so far this year, no wonder she is in special ed learning 2 grades behind.

Now I know where strippers come from.

xplor'npaul
01-31-2007, 12:56 PM
you must live in So Cal, with me....I work about 2 young guys in their late teens/early twentys,...the first time I heard "my bad" I almost fainted...... what the H... is that, anyway? of course, most young people these days cant carry on a conversation...I saw a young dude about 18 with his girlfriend at a resturant the other night,.....neither one of them spoke more than a few words the entire time I was there..........sheesh!

old judge
01-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Sorry Brian..My Bad. I've always suspected Sausage was a Mexican hairless. But it's clear he's just a weiny if he (or is it she) can't make one of those four-lane Gtin' trips with you. Adios amigo, and muchas grasias to you for your attitude, you Big Daauuwwggg. OJ

brian10x
01-31-2007, 06:01 PM
My friend, my Sausage.

LauraA
01-31-2007, 08:25 PM
Here's everything you ever wanted to know (and more) about "my bad". :p Would you prefer "mea culpa"? :D

My bad (http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/my-bad.html)

Zen Haiku: Is "My Bad" Bad? (http://www.zenhaiku.com/archives/is_my_bad_bad.html)

The Mavens' Word of the Day (http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=20000111)

Flatiron
02-01-2007, 04:50 AM
I'm afraid I'm with Brian on this one. If I never hear that ridiculous phrase again, I'll die a happy man. It seems like people are a bunch of sheep, and jump on the wagon when some Bozo comes up with a new "saying". I guess my 3 months of court ordered anger management didn't do me a whole lot of good. Sorry Judge.:(

brian10x
02-01-2007, 02:41 PM
""My bad" is yet another expression that white kids have borrowed from Black slang like "the bomb", and "phat" in an attempt to appear cool."

In a way, I understand. When I was a teenager, I was the same way.

NOW THAT I'M A GROWN UP, I feel "cool" speaking well and being alert and sober.

Funny how things change.

I don't like being fat, no matter how badly you spell it, and bombs are bad (as in not good) because they are designed to kill people.

brian10x
02-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Oh, and while we are on the subject, I don't like being called a dog, no matter how you spell it.

This one young guy at work says it all the time, and the last time I replied that since he is 20 years younger than me, I'm refer to him as "puppy" from now on.

bad bob
02-01-2007, 04:37 PM
""My bad" is yet another expression that white kids have borrowed from Black slang like "the bomb", and "phat" in an attempt to appear cool."

In a way, I understand. When I was a teenager, I was the same way.

NOW THAT I'M A GROWN UP, I feel "cool" speaking well and being alert and sober.

Funny how things change.

I don't like being fat, no matter how badly you spell it, and bombs are bad (as in not good) because they are designed to kill people.

OMG kids lighten up puhleeeze!
Ebonics, and selective use of certain phraseology are two separate things. I do not support the use of Ebonics regardless of who the speaker is. But if black folks choose Ebonics over English, that's their problem.

Likewise, more and more youngsters choose to "perform" rap songs (for lack of a better word) with gestures, slang, etc., exactly like their black counterparts. I choose to switch channels, because, as a former musician, they only look ridiculous to me, even though this is a multi-billion dollar industry.

My use of the phrase "my bad", could hardly be considered "cool", but merely a change of pace from the usual, and a shorter phrase than "my mistake", etc. But all of the above is hardly reason to even bother ruffling ones feathers, IMO. We have much more serious issues to debate, for example stopping greedy developers from destroying our history. (This from another board's recent discussions).
bb.

LauraA
02-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Oh, and while we are on the subject, I don't like being called a dog, no matter how you spell it.

This one young guy at work says it all the time, and the last time I replied that since he is 20 years younger than me, I'm refer to him as "puppy" from now on.

Uh huh I KNOW the feeling, I've been called the dawg's mama a time or two and I don't like it either. :rolleyes: :D

bad bob
02-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Uh huh I KNOW the feeling, I've been called the dawg's mama a time or two and I don't like it either. :rolleyes: :D

Agreed, but use of female dog in this sense is mostly hateful & derogatory, while "their" use of "dog" is more of another way of saying "guy". If you listen to the context, the conversation may go something like: " I hear what you're sayin' dog, but ...."
or, "Dog, what'd you do that for?" (not derogatory, more slang, like "my bad").
bb.

LauraA
02-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Ah hea whutchew sayin' dog. :cool:

NWNative
02-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Wow. That's hot.

brian10x
02-02-2007, 03:01 AM
I hear what you say, phat horse. Its like, if If I'm feeling lazy, just leave out as many words as I want to. My good now. I gots to go back to my crib and practice my baby talk now fo the hoes come home now. Dig, muthafuka?

bad bob
02-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Ooooops, my bad!

GaryB
02-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Wow. That's hot.

Fo' ****zle, it be off da hizzy.

GaryB
02-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Fo' ****zle

That's funny, I didn't know that word was censored on here :D