PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what this might be?

LauraA
06-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Some time back we came across this stone structure off of A-Cross Road near Roosevelt Lake,AZ. It's built really solid. It looks like it had a door at one time and it's got a vent in the roof. It's not an outhouse (no holes dug in the floor) We thought it might be a smokehouse of some kind, although I thought most of them were made of wood. It's too small for living quarters. There aren't any other buildings around it, nor the remnats of any. It's located on old homestead ranch property.

GaryB
06-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Could be an outhouse, although it would be a seriously stout and permanent one for that matter. I've seen a few out houses that were back filled for what ever reason.

The vent throws me off. Other than the can, I can't think of what you'd want to vent as bugs and flies could likely get in.

LauraA
06-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Maybe a wagon train rest stop? It's a really hefty little structure, although maybe in the early days of eating lots of beans and mule-jerky it was necessary to build really strong outhouses :D

GaryB
06-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Maybe. Usually things like blast rooms or cold storage (cellar) were built into a hill side and air tight. See them around here all the time. But if it was on a possible stage route or large ranch, who knows?

We recently found a mine site that had 3 "shacks" built into the hill. One was obviously a blast room while the other looked like storage. The 3rd appeared to be a dog house, since it had a hole so far up and it was too small to be anything else except for a small domesticated type animal.

GaryB
06-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Naw, this is too easy.

Tw

What, is that where the Chinamen slept?

bad bob
06-21-2006, 05:50 PM
GB.....
I know some of the initials for net phrases, but what is
IIRC? Something like "If _ really cares", or ?
Also, you have any idea what a yellow Rubi is? Or Rubi of any color?
bb.

GaryB
06-21-2006, 08:11 PM
IIRC = if I remember correctly.

Yellow rubi = yellow jeep rubicon. Rubi for short.

Any other acronyms go here and scroll down: http://www.assessmentpsychology.com/internetglossary.htm

bad bob
06-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Hrummphh....only had the "If" right. Thanks fer the info, and link.
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.