PDA

View Full Version : Location Of Sulfur Springs, Wyoming!

Sam I am
06-21-2006, 09:55 AM
I am looking for the ghost town of Sulfur Springs, WY. I believe it is SW of Rawlins, WY. Can anybody help with directions and or location? What year was this town started?

Thanks!
Sam I am

bad bob
06-21-2006, 01:16 PM
You sure it was Wyoming?
Found 2 references to sulphur springs. A resevoir in SW wyoming near ghost town of Piedmont. Other is actual spring in Yellowstone NP near Wrangler Lake.
Maybe OJ has topo grid #'s for the place you seek. Just "ping" him if he doesn't notice this message. EDIT: I should have said OJ or someone else,
because looks like Gary is connected too.
bb.

old judge
06-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Sulphur, in Carbon County, appears on the l895 U.S. Atlas map of Wyoming. There are references to Sulphur Springs as a locale on the Overland Trail through the area sw of Rawlins. The Sulphur Springs Ranch is located very near the trail according to the maps on topozone. I'd bet when you put two and two together, the old site of Sulphur is near Sulphur Springs Ranch. Let us know what you discover with this little boost. Good Luck. OJ

GaryB
06-21-2006, 05:13 PM
According to DeLorme: Sulphur Springs Ranch is at

Latitude: N41 29.131'
Longitude: W107 32.932'

Off the Twenty Mile Rd., SW of Rawlins. On the map, a listing of being an "original stage station" is given. So I'd say OJ is in the ballpark as to there being remains nearby, or even likely the ranch is the old station itself; just given a new life.

Sam I am
06-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Thanks to everyone for all their help! I do appreciate your time and effort!
Sam I am:)

GaryB
07-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Check it out yet?