PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Mine infor for MT

NWNative
06-26-2006, 12:18 AM
http://www.deq.mt.gov/abandonedmines/index.asp
Not a huge site but I liked the Then and Now photos.

GaryB
06-26-2006, 03:13 PM
Nice pics, but they are into reclaiming the land, like Mother Nature needs the help because she's just so busy now a days :rolleyes:

I can see closing mine shafts that are a danger, but destroying history just because it makes you all fuzzy inside to know some rat is safe from the building self imploding is BS IMO.

It's not the 100+ year old buildings and machinery that is degrading the land, it's the folks taking away America's past and leaving nothing behind that future generations can enjoy that is the real loss. I know from experience, seeing the places in person is a **** of a lot more exciting than reading about them in some museum.

Flatiron
06-26-2006, 03:52 PM
GaryB..............I think it's great thst somebody cares enough to fill in or close off all those mine shafts, cause I know they're thinking about me and my safety. After all, I get out to some of these abandoned places once in awhile, and wouldn't want to get hurt, or heaven forbid "KILLED". These same people are concerned enough about my safety to make me wear a seatbelt and helmet when driving my Jeep or ATV. What a great bunch of folks!. They even would like me to register my guns and hand out free gun locks to make my life more safe. It's little things like this that makes my life so enjoyable. ;) ;)

GaryB
06-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Don't forget to watch your cholesterol level too ;)

NWNative
06-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Man - those guys are great! Now if they'd just do something about forks - those little tines can be awful sharp!

Oh, and shoes - there ought to be a law about wearing shoes because stubbing a toe can really hurt!

LauraA
06-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Uh Huh and add to the list FORUMS. We're ruining our eyes and our psyche staring for countless hours blankly at the monitor...waiting...waiting...waiting for new posts!!! Argggghhhh!! I can't take it any more!!!!!!!!! :eek:
We really need computer cops to come to the door to tell us we've exceeded the legal limit for pixel absorption.

45-70Ranger
07-03-2006, 06:49 PM
GaryB..............I think it's great thst somebody cares enough to fill in or close off all those mine shafts, cause I know they're thinking about me and my safety. After all, I get out to some of these abandoned places once in awhile, and wouldn't want to get hurt, or heaven forbid "KILLED". These same people are concerned enough about my safety to make me wear a seatbelt and helmet when driving my Jeep or ATV. What a great bunch of folks!. They even would like me to register my guns and hand out free gun locks to make my life more safe. It's little things like this that makes my life so enjoyable. ;) ;)
Hiya Flatiron !:D
You've got that right !
Let's see now, you do have more money than you need.....:rolleyes:
Glad you've made it back OK !
See ya bud !