PDA

View Full Version : Member's reputation?

LauraA
06-30-2006, 02:51 AM
What does the "reputation" little green square mean?
If so-and-so is on a distinquished road, what changes the "distinguished" to something less desirable such as "Unknown Quantity"?

coolguy0621
06-30-2006, 05:20 AM
You know I don't think I've seen a rep be anything other than green. We should see if it works, find a spammer and call him out and have everyone give him a bad rep., to see if anything happens:mad: :mad: :mad:

LauraA
06-30-2006, 10:22 AM
That last spammer we had "Feilu" peddling his chicken poop herbal supplements, his little green rating square said he was an "Unknown Quantity at this point" Evidently the rating must mean something?
If we're bad, does that mean we'll be tossed off the forum? :eek:

old judge
06-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Laura. Surely you know better than that. The badder you are, my dear, the more welcome. OJ

coolguy0621
06-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Laura: he is trying to say your so bad it's good.:eek:

LauraA
06-30-2006, 07:17 PM
Whew that's a relief!

GaryB
06-30-2006, 10:44 PM
You can give bad reputation points to folks by clicking the "justice scale" at the top right of the post, between the post # and the "report bad post" sign. The more you give negative feedback, the worse their reputation gets. It goes from green to gray to red IIRC. Never seen it worse than red, and that was with quite a few bad points

Moderators can boot folks with bad reps if they choose, but I have never seen it done. Bottom line is it's just a stature deal, that many don't enforce or follow.

You can also change someone's stature by giving good points.

The poster in question can also see who gave them points (-/+) and to what post they were given for.

brian10x
07-01-2006, 04:36 AM
You can give bad reputation points to folks by clicking the "justice scale" at the top right of the post, between the post # and the "report bad post" sign. The more you give negative feedback, the worse their reputation gets. It goes from green to gray to red IIRC. Never seen it worse than red, and that was with quite a few bad points

Moderators can boot folks with bad reps if they choose, but I have never seen it done. Bottom line is it's just a stature deal, that many don't enforce or follow.

You can also change someone's stature by giving good points.

The poster in question can also see who gave them points (-/+) and to what post they were given for.

I wonder if you can give yourself a bad reputation, to help warn newbies of the impending danger. (experimenting):mad:

brian10x
07-01-2006, 04:39 AM
Nah,can't do it.I need another member to give me a bad rep. can someone help?

GaryB
07-01-2006, 08:33 AM
Already on it. Every roadside bathroom I come across I write your name on the walls in bright blue Sharpie :D

brian10x
07-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Already on it. Every roadside bathroom I come across I write your name on the walls in bright blue Sharpie :D

Thanks! Except I know they aren't restrooms I've visited, because after I leave they usually tape off the area as a toxic waste site.

Gotta quit those late night runs (did I say RUNS?) to the seven gates of Taco ****.
:mad: :mad: :mad: