PDA

View Full Version : Majuba(sp?), Nevada

RockHounder55
07-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Has anyone here ever heard of a stage stop or trading post called Majuba(sp?)? I believe it's in Humboldt Co., and supposedly everyone was wiped out by Indians. When you go to the site now, it feels really creepy. Sorry to be so vague, but my friend that was telling me about it is terrible with directions and I haven't had a chance yet to talk to her husband regarding it.

Bob
07-10-2006, 05:21 AM
Has anyone here ever heard of a stage stop or trading post called Majuba(sp?)? I believe it's in Humboldt Co., and supposedly everyone was wiped out by Indians. When you go to the site now, it feels really creepy. Sorry to be so vague, but my friend that was telling me about it is terrible with directions and I haven't had a chance yet to talk to her husband regarding it.

There is a Majuba which is a mining area, and there was enough of a camp I consider it a locale but I am unaware of any serious problems/ The Numa (Northern Paiute) were way beyond being a threat by the time Majuba was active. I can relate your story to at least one stage stops, a couple pony express stops, a couple remote ranches in Nevada in the 1860's/1870's but nothing I am aware associated the name Majuba