PDA

View Full Version : Quartzberg Idaho

scorpp
07-22-2006, 08:35 PM
I and a friend decided to go to quartzberg ghost town. We planned this trip well, Satellite overhead maps, GPS, weeks of planning.. all for nothing.. The problem was not that we did not have the means to get there,, the problem was that Quartzberg is privately owned, all the roads going to the town are blocked, even a county road was blocked by a land owner, now from what I understand the only people able to block a county road is the county, but if you try to pass, the land owner shoots at you. The 2nd way (the back way to the town) is also blocked,, new owners own 6000 acres and guess what,, that includes Quartzberg and all of the surrounding mining camps. I did however find out that Quartzberg is for sale. No one is allowed in to the town.. Itís a shame when a part of history is closed to the public.

bavarialand
08-02-2006, 07:13 AM
i would contact the county/state and tell them the "public" road is blocked. also inform the Sherif that the owner shoots without warning first. especially if there are no signs saying they will shoot.