PDA

View Full Version : Need help from Google pros

brian10x
07-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Anyone that has read half my posts know I have this obsession with finding the Black Diamond Mine near Pearce, Arizona.

laura suggested I simply ask permission from the rancher that has locked access to the trail I'm trying to follow.

I'd like to try to contact the rancher first by phone, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

See, there is no visible address there, just LeMarch road, and a ranch nearby.

I tried to find a listing of all ranches in Cochise county, then the Dragoon mountains, and also a search of Lemarch road. All searches turned up empty.

If I could just find the number of the person that padlocked the gate I want to pass through, I think I could get permission to enter.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance-:mad: :mad: :confused:

GaryB
07-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Low-tech but maybe leave a note with contact info and your sincere asking for your purpose?

High-tech, find a listing of property owners, likely the county can help as they collect taxes. Should be public info on who the registered owner is. Might be online, or you might have to go to county records office.

LauraA
07-24-2006, 02:35 AM
Brian,
Most ranchers are a tight-knit bunch, they all know each other, so I'd suggest phoning a few of them and asking. Perhaps given your description of the location of the one you're trying to find, someone will say, "Oh, that's my brother BillyBob Bullraiser." Or if you're lucky, maybe one of them is leasing the land you're trying to enter.
It's worth a shot. Here's a few ranches with phone numbers.

99 Bar Ranch
Pearce, AZ 85625
(520) 824-3424

O K Ranch
Pearce, AZ 85625
(520) 824-3598

Double Heart Beefmasters
Pearce, AZ 85625
(520) 824-3587

brian10x
07-24-2006, 04:21 AM
Low-tech but maybe leave a note with contact info and your sincere asking for your purpose?

High-tech, find a listing of property owners, likely the county can help as they collect taxes. Should be public info on who the registered owner is. Might be online, or you might have to go to county records office.
Thanks, Gary. I may try the high tech option. Leaving a note means a 3 hour round trip PLUS 40 minutes round trip with the ATV on dirt.

brian10x
07-24-2006, 04:24 AM
Thanks for the information, laura. That should give me a good head start.

old judge
07-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Brian: I'd try the Grapevine Canyon Ranch. Contact Info should be available on the internet. Mike

R.Johnston
07-24-2006, 10:32 AM
http://www.zabasearch.com

Sometimes, when the right name is found the latest phone number is posted.

LauraA
07-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Brian: I'd try the Grapevine Canyon Ranch. Contact Info should be available on the internet. Mike

We'll get you there one way or another Brian.....I love the picture of the cowboy and his dog on their website.

Arizona Guest Ranch - Grapevine Canyon Dude Ranch (http://www.gcranch.com/)

bad bob
07-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Brian.
Another method is a main library reference dept. Ours carried directories with multiple search options....name, or address, street by street, and block by block. The reference dept. here fields phone calls too, so no need to go there if operation is similar. It should be. Won't hurt to call them, if all else fails. I think unlisted #'s are in those directories too.
bb.

Flatiron
07-24-2006, 07:11 PM
Brian.....If you can get down to the assessors office , you can get the AP # and find out the owners name of that specific parcel with the contact information. All of that is public information. Godd luck, one way or the other........:D :D

brian10x
07-25-2006, 04:18 AM
Brian,
Most ranchers are a tight-knit bunch, they all know each other, so I'd suggest phoning a few of them and asking. Perhaps given your description of the location of the one you're trying to find, someone will say, "Oh, that's my brother BillyBob Bullraiser." Or if you're lucky, maybe one of them is leasing the land you're trying to enter.
It's worth a shot. Here's a few ranches with phone numbers.

99 Bar Ranch
Pearce, AZ 85625
(520) 824-3424

O K Ranch
Pearce, AZ 85625
(520) 824-3598

Double Heart Beefmasters
Pearce, AZ 85625
(520) 824-3587

Thanks, Laura but I struck out. The first two didn't know who owned the ranch and I had to leave a message at the third. I guess the face to face approach is what it will come to. I'll leave the pistol in the ATV.:mad: :mad: :confused:

brian10x
07-25-2006, 04:20 AM

I was actually THERE a few weeks ago. It was there I met Annie,who gave me clues to find one of my back doors.
:mad: :mad: :confused:

brian10x
07-25-2006, 04:21 AM
http://www.zabasearch.com

Sometimes, when the right name is found the latest phone number is posted.

If I only had a clue as to the name of the ranch. Thanks anyway!

LauraA
07-25-2006, 05:12 AM
Darnit Brian, too bad you struck out with phoning the ranchers. Would that gal Annie you spoke with at Grapevine Canyon Ranch know the name of the person who owns the ranch in question?
Gila County has most of their property information online I was able to look up information about who owns land near where we live, but I had addresses to begin with. (they also have court and arrest records online so I was able to see how bad some of our neighbors have been) :D
Cochise County doesn't seem to have their records online yet, their site only gives phone numbers for the different departments.
If you decide to go in person, I suggest you wear a big smile, leave the chicken and tutu at home and take cookies ;)
I've run into dead ends trying to find the name of the ranch or the owner. I even searched the Pearce Real Estate listings to no avail.

Also, once you've found and fully explored your Black Diamond, here's a whole list of others in the area so you can begin your search anew. :)

Location Regional Search - Dragoon Mts, Cochise Co., Arizona, USA (http://www.mindat.org/lsearch.php?tloc=Dragoon%20Mts,%20Cochise%20Co.,%2 0Arizona,%20USA)

NWNative
07-25-2006, 08:32 AM
This isn't exactly what you're looking for but it is a small topo of the mine area:
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=33.7583&lon=-113.1507&symshow=n&datum=nad83
It came from this site that has some pretty good mine info:
http://www.hometownlocator.com/DisplayCountyFeatures.cfm?FeatureType=mine&SCFIPS=04013

NWNative
07-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Email response to query of mine owner:

I do not have any information regarding private or federal land. I suggest
You call the county assessor for that information. We just manage the state trust lands in Arizona.
If this land is state trust please call the county assessor to obtain a township, range and section and call us at your earliest convenience with that information.

Have a great day!

Public Records
Arizona State Land Department
1616 w. Adams St.
Phoenix, Az 85007

old judge
07-25-2006, 10:36 AM
Sorry, just movin' some squirrels a little further down the tree. OJ

GaryB
07-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Sorry, just movin' some squirrels a little further down the tree. OJ

Nothing to be sorry about your honor.

I kind of wonder if the ranch is owned by some yuppie in Phooonicks that just comes by now and then? Or can you tell if it is a day to day operations?

Reason being is if it was used all the time, it should (or think it would) have a mail address and maybe the local postmaster would know them. If it's a retreat, you might have a tough time at it.

brian10x
07-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Darnit Brian, too bad you struck out with phoning the ranchers. Would that gal Annie you spoke with at Grapevine Canyon Ranch know the name of the person who owns the ranch in question?
Gila County has most of their property information online I was able to look up information about who owns land near where we live, but I had addresses to begin with. (they also have court and arrest records online so I was able to see how bad some of our neighbors have been) :D
Cochise County doesn't seem to have their records online yet, their site only gives phone numbers for the different departments.
If you decide to go in person, I suggest you wear a big smile, leave the chicken and tutu at home and take cookies ;)
I've run into dead ends trying to find the name of the ranch or the owner. I even searched the Pearce Real Estate listings to no avail.

Also, once you've found and fully explored your Black Diamond, here's a whole list of others in the area so you can begin your search anew. :)

Location Regional Search - Dragoon Mts, Cochise Co., Arizona, USA (http://www.mindat.org/lsearch.php?tloc=Dragoon%20Mts,%20Cochise%20Co.,%2 0Arizona,%20USA)

I see your Bluebird mine shows up down here!

I think my next obsession should be the Mystery Mine and (!!!) tunnel. I better get Sausage a Scooby-Doo costume!

brian10x
07-25-2006, 05:52 PM
Thank you to everyone that has gone through so much effort to help me. I am not worthy!

LauraA
07-25-2006, 06:48 PM
I think we're all almost as anxious for you to reach the Black Diamond as you are so we can read all about your adventure when you post every morsel of information about what you find there.
Yep, "My" Bluebird is listed too, but not the one in the Dragoons. My Bluebird is in Gila County and it's an azurite mine. Now if fall would hurry up and get here, we'd get to finally explore it. I'm champing at the bit to make another attempt to reach the location. Maps don't really show how treacherous the terrain is, but from what we've been told, it's still well worth the trip.
The forest service has future plans to close up the mine shaft and make the area safe for people (as if "people" go there except for the very occasional dirt biker) :( We want to see it and take pictures before they do, while it still retains some of its original dignity. We don't want to see the sterile, government version of an old mining GT.