PDA

View Full Version : Molson Washington

NWNative
08-02-2006, 07:51 PM
In the intrest of correcting the balance of GT threads to non-GT threads I will post a GT related topic. So, all of you who complain about no serious topics being brought up - I post here. (And tuff nuts for the absolute boringness of it!)
We are going to GT in NE Washington next week in the previously mentioned (whisper) minivan. OK, so now that I have proven my unworthiness, anyone know of anything I shouldn't miss while in the area?
I have wanted to see the Molsons for a while now. I know there must be more around. Anything in the area that a 2WD low clearance can handle?
I've got my maps and The Boom Town book but I'd like to hear opinions of those who may have been there.
Thanks.

NWNative
08-07-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the help! Dang South'ners. Think y'all have the best ghost towns. OK, so you do but I have to work with what I got!

It looks like we are going to try and hit the Molsons, Chesaw, Riverside, Wauconda, Farmer and maybe Bodie and the Torodas. We've done the last two so may pass them in the intrest of time.
I am also hoping to stop in Concrete, which is not a true ghost but empty enough to be of interest - before it's leveled for more McMansions.
Maybe we'll head to the Poverty museum where a guy who was a hobo for a time, runs a museum of stuff including some trains.
Hoping for some pictures to post when we get back.

LauraA
08-08-2006, 09:09 AM
I've got no knowledge at all about the area you'll be visiting, but do please remember to post pictures and story when you return so that those of us who can't even hope to visit that area can vicarioulsy live your adventure. Have fun and be careful out there!

brian10x
08-12-2006, 04:16 AM
I hear there are a lot of BUMPY roads in Washington.