PDA

View Full Version : Giving credit where it's due

LauraA
08-09-2006, 04:47 PM
I got tired of seeing the negative connotation I implied in my previous post in this category, so I thought I'd bump it myself.
I would simply like to say, I'm sure glad this forum is here and want to say thanks to Ghosttowns.com for having it. The wealth of information, comments,(and even goofing around) :D contained on this forum have helped me maintain a semblance of sanity during these hot summer months.

brian10x
08-09-2006, 06:27 PM
I got tired of seeing the negative connotation I implied in my previous post in this category, so I thought I'd bump it myself.
I would simply like to say, I'm sure glad this forum is here and want to say thanks to Ghosttowns.com for having it. The wealth of information, comments,(and even goofing around) :D contained on this forum have helped me maintain a semblance of sanity during these hot summer months.

Too tired to write anymore....agreed...working too much...tired...

NWNative
08-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Jack don't look dull - he looks psychotic!

GaryB
08-09-2006, 08:54 PM
I think he's 30 minutes past finishing a Del Taco Macho Combo Burrito and looking really hard for the little boy's room :)

bad bob
08-09-2006, 09:35 PM
LOL, all of ya. Y'all almost made me went wees in my linens!
BTW are them burritos any good? I'm getting tired of running to the border just fer mexican fast food. Next time, I'm takin' in the donkey show too.

Flatiron
08-10-2006, 03:58 AM
I wouldn't do it BB! I spent 23 hours in the plush uptown Tijauna jailhouse back in '69 after taking in the donkey show at the **** Fox. The bail wasn't too bad ($24 U.S.) but the experience of spending the rest of the night in that S***hole with a bunch of smelly, puking drunk Mexicans was something I'll remember forever. The ride to the station in the back of a '64 Impala with 5 of us jammed in the back was real memorable, too......;) OJ, weren't you on Shore Leave about that time? Hmmm............

coolguy0621
08-10-2006, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't do it BB! I spent 23 hours in the plush uptown Tijauna jailhouse back in '69 after taking in the donkey show at the **** Fox. The bail wasn't too bad ($24 U.S.) but the experience of spending the rest of the night in that S***hole with a bunch of smelly, puking drunk Mexicans was something I'll remember forever. The ride to the station in the back of a '64 Impala with 5 of us jammed in the back was real memorable, too......;) OJ, weren't you on Shore Leave about that time? Hmmm............

I used to live less than an hour drive from T.J. (Camp Pendleton, CA), never got locked up luckly, but I was told I ****** all over a cop car and my friends had to, not only take a beating with me, but pay 300$ (the price has gone up), to save me, and fireman's carry me to the alley where they left me. I got my cheek bone broken in two places that night and I never went back for more

Yeah and I'm thankfull for this site too Laura, just a little burnt cause they dont let us help tho....cause that would change this place alot for the better.

bad bob
08-10-2006, 10:15 AM

Flat...you said '69...were you in the service then? If so what branch? I was in the Army from 66-69, and visited TJ couple times, but never had any trouble with corrupt policia. 2nd time forgot my pass, and had to spend some quality time with Shore Patrol at the border. The "brass" back at my base were less than happy also, thank God it was a weekend.

old judge
08-10-2006, 10:34 AM
By l969 I'd moved a step up from Tijuana. I spent about a month one week in Yuma, bombing the Chocolate Mountains day and night, and making forays across the border to San Luis during the down time:cool: . They had some kind of Donkey show there.........So I'm told. OJ

coolguy0621
08-10-2006, 10:46 AM
OJ - I was out at Yuma blowing up those mts. too, but I was on the ground calling in f-18's and cobra's, we even got to play with some A-10's too.....fun stuff. Marking tgts with 155 rounds and 81mm. Those A-10's are pretty much on their own program tho

Sorry to go off subject from the show

bad bob
08-10-2006, 11:50 AM
OJ -

Sorry to go off subject from the show

No apology necessary IMO.
bb.

GaryB
08-10-2006, 03:49 PM
I went to see the donkey show and they said it was broke and down for repairs. They asked me if I knew anyone with a Donkey for sale :confused: Or maybe it was if I wanted to buy a donkey, not sure, my Spanglish is bad :o

GaryB
08-10-2006, 03:51 PM
BTW are them burritos any good?

Carne asada quesadilla from Roberto's. I'm sure you can find someone who knows where one is at in Cali.

GaryB
08-10-2006, 03:53 PM
I see we got the latest upgrades to the message board. More buttons to push :D

bad bob
08-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Carne asada quesadilla from Roberto's. I'm sure you can find someone who knows where one is at in Cali.

Already had 2 of them keysaydillas @ Robertos. I want the 5lb macho burrito. You know. The one you mentioned earlier, with beans, cheese, beef, raccoon, wild turkey, henway, carrots, onions, garlic, and fresh anonymous roadkill.

Mikejts
08-10-2006, 08:56 PM
" but the experience of spending the rest of the night in that S***hole with a bunch of smelly, puking drunk Mexicans was something I'll remember forever. "

I had a similar experience in beautiful downtown Tempe AZ in the late 60's..

Flatiron
08-11-2006, 05:14 AM
Rocky.......You can still have the same experience in downtown Tempe TODAY!...........:D :D

GaryB
08-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Rocky.......You can still have the same experience in downtown Tempe TODAY!...........:D :D

North Las Vegas comes to mind too :p

High Desert Drifter
08-12-2006, 12:19 PM
thats funny, I had spam and slurpees for breakfast this morning!

LauraA
08-12-2006, 04:14 PM
thats funny, I had spam and slurpees for breakfast this morning!

blech pthooey, did you ever read the contents of a can of Spam? "meat" is way too general an ingredient for me.
That stuff might tempt a very hungry vulture and I figure it's probably canned by the same drug companies who make cholesterol medications...it helps keep them in business. But, you should be ok, cause you balance it out with Slurpees. Slurpees can be considered a good source of vitamin C and should be added to the category "Health Foods" Why waste time with a V8 or orange juice? :p

The Amazing SPAM Homepage! (http://www.cusd.claremont.edu/~mrosenbl/spam.html)

GaryB
08-12-2006, 08:41 PM
http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/tweetz/spam1.gif It's what's for dinner.

Brought to you by the National Spam Growers of South America

High Desert Drifter
08-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Ok, I admit that spam is a mystery meat. but what would you rather have?

Spam?
-or-
Jack in the Box Tacos?

LauraA
08-13-2006, 05:07 PM
Ok, I admit that spam is a mystery meat. but what would you rather have?
Spam?
-or-
Jack in the Box Tacos?

ummm tough choice....I choose.... neither one

GaryB
08-14-2006, 03:26 PM
JIB tacos. I can eat those with out hurling them back up. SPAM is like my kryptonite, open a can up and the smell gives me the dry heaves.

brian10x
08-14-2006, 07:42 PM
JIB tacos. I can eat those with out hurling them back up. SPAM is like my kryptonite, open a can up and the smell gives me the dry heaves.

According to the The Amazing SPAM Home Page (http://www.cusd.claremont.edu/~mrosenbl/spam.html), the ingredients of SPAM are as follows:

chopped pork shoulder meat with ham meat added
salt (for binding, flavor, and firmness)
water (to help in mixing)
sugar (for flavor)
sodium Nitrite (for color and as a preservative)Now what could possibly be more nutritious, wholesome, and tasty? Ummm, can't wait ta git me sum!

GaryB
08-14-2006, 09:08 PM
:

chopped pork shoulder meat with ham meat added

Wait, they take pork and add pork to it :confused:

LauraA
08-14-2006, 09:26 PM
just add mayonnaise, or mustard....

High Desert Drifter
08-14-2006, 11:10 PM
that is the freaken ugliest looking pig I have ever seen. what the heck is that on his head? blinders?

GaryB
08-16-2006, 01:45 PM
That looks like one of those deformed animals that get donated to traveling petting zoos since it wouldn't be humane to kill them. Instead pay money to mock them and take pictures of them :rolleyes:

LauraA
08-16-2006, 02:23 PM
I bet his Mom thought he was cute! Actually, I guess he's not deformed, there were other pigs in the same photo that looked just like him. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;) :D

old judge
08-16-2006, 04:10 PM
No question...That's a long earred, Texas, Longhorn from Austin, Texas. They trot that sucker out every year for the marquis matchup with whomever they expect they can beat that year. OJ

LauraA
08-16-2006, 05:20 PM
....and if he sees his shadow, 10 more weeks of humidity?

brian10x
08-16-2006, 06:28 PM
That looks like one of those deformed animals that get donated to traveling petting zoos since it wouldn't be humane to kill them. Instead pay money to mock them and take pictures of them :rolleyes:
Same for humans. Laugh if you will, but it sure pays a lot better than a paper route! (Not that I should tell you how I know:mad: )

bavarialand
08-17-2006, 11:19 AM
LOL, all of ya. Y'all almost made me went wees in my linens!
BTW are them burritos any good? I'm getting tired of running to the border just fer mexican fast food. Next time, I'm takin' in the donkey show too.
i was in the U.S. Navy in the early 80's stationed in SanDiego. i went to see the "Donkey Show" it is everything you heard and more. that is all i can say on a public forum.:D