PDA

View Full Version : Magnolia, Florida

FlaGhosthunter49
08-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Looking for GPS coordinates for the town of Magnolia Florida in Wakulla county. I have located cemetary, but no sign of town remains. Any help would be appreciated.:confused:

LauraA
08-17-2006, 12:57 PM
If this article is true, it sounds like Newport was built over the remains of Magnolia, maybe that's why you didn't find any remains?

Newport, Florida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newport,_Florida)

FlaGhosthunter49
08-18-2006, 02:16 AM
Thanks, Laura...Actually the town of Newport is 1.2 miles south of Magnolia. They are two different towns. Anyway, that's what makes this hobby so much fun...all the detective work!:)

LauraA
08-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks, Laura...Actually the town of Newport is 1.2 miles south of Magnolia. They are two different towns. Anyway, that's what makes this hobby so much fun...all the detective work!:)

You're right and thanks to the internet, detective work is much easier and with far fewer mosquitoes.
My memory isn't what it used to be, but it seems to me I recall something that was on the History Channel a few years ago about the Civil War. Wasn't there a CS ship that wrecked near Port Leon or that general vicinity and was salvaged for some museum?

old judge
08-18-2006, 12:37 PM
Bumpppp.......OJ