PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Pnx Jay
08-28-2006, 08:29 PM
I have been 'haunting' here for a while finally decided to join & decided I have nothing of value to ad to any current threads, so this is the result.
Do you guys know where I can get scared.... actually I know what the forum is for and have visited some GTs on the site here in HOT Arizona. I recognize Gary B. from the International Truck site I spend time on and Laura from the local Heep, (:rolleyes: I forgot this isn't the Scout forum, I mean Jeep) club site. I personally think taking a 30 year old truck most people won't drive across the street 30 miles out into the desert to see something that may not be there is fun!!!! :D So does my ever tolerant wife. I used to do a lot more exploring and history research, but I have been so busy the last couple years. I plan on moving to Prescott by new year and that will free up a lot of my time and put me closer to more GTs and mines to begin with. I have done some exploring around the Prescott area and of course the Bradshaws mountains and Gold Hill area. I'll add any information I can at the appropriate time.

Jay

David A. Wright
08-28-2006, 09:11 PM
You don't have to know all to enjoy the GT's here! Welcome and enjoy the online appreciation of the outdoors of whatever state you're from and enjoying the thrill of exploring the wide open spaces in whatever means you have to transport you - whether by auto, 4WD, Nike's. Enjoy!

LauraA
08-29-2006, 03:06 AM
Howdy Scout Jay, Welcome aboard! I remember your name from the Jeep Club...and your classic post re: Stickers :D ;) THAT was funny!
If you want to get scared, just post something on the AZVJC about H2s then sit back and watch the ghouls. :rolleyes:
Don't forget to make the time to go exploring, that busy stuff will make you old before your time.

GaryB
08-29-2006, 01:37 PM
****, they found me. http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/edoom/hideing_behind_computer.gif

LauraA
08-29-2006, 01:42 PM
HA! Now that's really cute! :D

Gary, should we worry that our reputation precedes us? :eek:

GaryB
08-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Gary, should we worry that our reputation precedes us? :eek:

I can't recall the number of times I've heard the saying "Oh! So you're him?"

Pnx Jay
08-29-2006, 05:08 PM
The last and only time I was in Las Vegas a guy panhandled me in a AM PM parking lot. Was that you GaryB? You should have introduced yourself or mentioned need money for IH parts, I'll aways bum money to a Binderphile as I know we all need it. ;)
Jay

Mikejts
08-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Sure do like the avatar...:D

Don't like IH

Can't imagine riding in a scout.

Love my Jeeps

GaryB
08-29-2006, 08:01 PM
The last and only time I was in Las Vegas a guy panhandled me in a AM PM parking lot. Was that you GaryB? You should have introduced yourself or mentioned need money for IH parts, I'll aways bum money to a Binderphile as I know we all need it. ;)
Jay

Nah, I only hang out at Starbucks, that's where the real money is at ;)

GaryB
08-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Sure do like the avatar...:D

Don't like IH

Can't imagine riding in a scout.

Love my Jeeps

I'm not really a die hard of any brand or model myself. Each has their place, even if it's in a mall parking lot :D

I got the Scout as it was available for a good price and has been solid for me ever since. I went places stock that only store bought 4X's could go, so I'm happy. Plus no one ever says, "hey nice 'enter model here' 4X". But quite a few folks notice and mention it when you roll by in a Scout :D

dvsww2
08-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Nothin' wrong with Binders except finding parts for them IF they break. Hopefully the line sheet has survived as I don't think IH ever built two trucks the same. Anyway spent last weekend tooling around the Mountain Lakes with my 1945 GPW Military Jeep that was made by Ford.

GaryB
08-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Nothin' wrong with Binders except finding parts for them IF they break. Hopefully the line sheet has survived as I don't think IH ever built two trucks the same. Anyway spent last weekend tooling around the Mountain Lakes with my 1945 GPW Military Jeep that was made by Ford.

I'm the 3rd actual, but really the 2nd owner as PO #2 let it sit. Parts for mine are cake (1978) as the running gear is Dana or Borg Warner except for the IH engine (that ignorant folks argue is AMC :rolleyes: ). All the bolt on stuff is either GM based or Delco electronics, so I can find most everything I need local without ordering it. Sheet metal is another issue, but then that's why they make welders, torches, and body putty :D But I do have the original line sheet, owners manual and dealer's invoice.

I have an uncle that passed away and he collected 4 Willy CJ4's (I beleive they are). I told my cousin I'd buy one and stick all the spare IH parts I got in it to build a killer trail Jeep. But I would keep the Brownie ;)