PDA

View Full Version : The new multi-quote feature?

LauraA
09-04-2006, 08:39 AM
When responding to a post, can someone please explain how the new "multi quote" feature works? When I click it, it turns red, but I don't see what it does. :confused:

GaryB
09-04-2006, 09:10 AM
I think it does a few things, one is you can select a post from another topic/category and post it under another post/category. Like this:

Is there someone who can delete the epidemic of SPAM posted on this forum? :confused: :mad:

You can actually link numerous other posts from different categories into one message under completely different topics if you like. You can also click it on the message you want and hit reply and it does a quote, similar to just clicking the "Quote" button.

GaryB
09-04-2006, 09:15 AM
I forgot to add if you click the little blue arrow next to the posters name in the quote, it will take you to that post/topic if you want. Not a big deal when quoting someone from inside the same topic, but when folks quote from numerous topics, it helps you jump from one to another easier.

Not a big deal on here, but I know a few boards where you can literally get lost just reading the quote links ;)

LauraA
09-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Ah ha! Thank you Gary that s'plains it. I can see where it could come in handy at times. :)