PDA

View Full Version : Mono County/Eastern Sierra Exploring

Flatiron
09-10-2006, 05:34 AM
Wow! We had a great day exploring the Log Cabin Mine, Dunderberg, Ward's Camp, and Masonic yesterday with a fun group of GT folks from 6 different states. We hadn't been to the Log Cabin Mine for years, and are still impressed at what is still there and what was left behind. Just below the cabins at Ward's Camp ( one with the remains of a small, rustic bar) is an almost complete 4-stamp mill. If any of our group of GT explorers is in the Mono County/Eastern Sierra area, it's really worth checking out these sites. I'm sure most of the GTer's living in the area have already been to these spots, but for the out of towner looking for some interesting spots to explore and 4-wheel, this is a worthy trip.:D :D

Grn98TJ
09-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Been to Dunderberg and Masonic , how about short version of area where Log Cabin Mine is.

Flatiron
09-15-2006, 04:04 AM
Look for Log Cabin Wilderness Camp sign off Hwy. 120 about 1 mile before intersection with Hwy. 395. Follow signs to top of hill. Mine is on Northside of hill..................Short enough?

Grn98TJ
09-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Found it in the Gazetteer ,missed it when I camped along Lee Vining creek . Thanks for the short version.