PDA

View Full Version : Hello from PA

ringmaster
09-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Hello everyone!

New here from Franklin County, PA. Came across this site during a search for Centralia, read a few posts and became attached. I'm new to ghost towns and I know i'll learn alot from reading other peoples experiences. Btw i'm heading to Centralia Pa this weekend, I cant wait. :D

Goat
09-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Welcome ringmaster, lots of nice, knowledgable folks on this site. A lot of the info here is about the Southwest, so I'm curious about your neck of the woods, myself.
Enjoy!

Goat

ringmaster
09-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Welcome ringmaster, lots of nice, knowledgable folks on this site. A lot of the info here is about the Southwest, so I'm curious about your neck of the woods, myself.
Enjoy!

Goat

Yeah I noticed alot was about the southwest. I was interested in Centralia and found a thread about it here. So when I go Saturday I thought I could share my experience being there. I know I'd probably never visit the southwest but I enjoy reading stories about it.

LauraA
09-13-2006, 04:49 PM
That's part of the charm of a board such as this one. We can vicariously live adventures through other people's posts and pictures.
Welcome Ringmaster! :)

Kelly
09-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Howdy and Welcome.:D

Flatiron
09-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Howdy. I'll be looking forward to your photos.:D

ringmaster
09-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Thanks everyone! I hope to get some good ones.

old judge
09-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Welcome aboard pilgrim....OJ

BreezyBaby41
09-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi, I live in South Central Pa. A very small town called Blain. I am very interested in what you find. I was visiting Pandemonium, Pa this weekend it was great. Not much left of it, but the Pilgram Cemetary is still there. I have lots of photos.

ringmaster
05-18-2007, 08:03 AM
I know it's been along time since I wrote this but i've been way busy. I did end up in Centralia that following week I believe. What a trip. I have friends that live up in that area and her parents actually lived in Centralia before the mine fire. So basicaly I had a private tour lol. I did alittle research before I left and saw before and after pictures, but actually seeing this place yourself it's kinda overwhelming. Just thinking of all the people who had to leave their homes, it's sad. There is still a few people living in the town today, but as soon as they pass on they end up knocking down their house.

As soon as I get my home computer back i'll upload a few pictures for everyone.