PDA

View Full Version : Ghost towns in the Catskill Mountains of NY?

JuneNY
09-14-2006, 01:42 PM
I am hoping to take a trip to the Catskill Mountains in New York sometime within the next year. I know there are many huge old abandoned hotels, but I wonder if there are any ghost towns?

Anyone have any information?

Lydia McMillan
09-18-2006, 07:48 PM
JuneNY, I am also looking for information on Ghost - and Ghost towns in the Catskills. My brother has an website for hiking etc. and trying to get a forum going also. I have posted some things also. Could you join the forum there also and post your interest? www.juliettesjourneys.com (http://www.juliettesjourneys.com) I will be checking for you there. We can make this an interesting site. Thanks Lydia P.S. Anyone having the same interest please join the site there also.

JuneNY
10-13-2006, 03:02 AM
I tried, got all registered and everything, but when I tried to get in, I got this message:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005e'
Invalid use of Null: 'cLng' /mywebforums/inc_func_common.asp, line 900

JuneNY
09-13-2007, 06:15 PM
I guess I will update my own thread, for anyone who is interested. I recently returned from a trip to the Catskills. I can't say that we saw any ghost "towns", but we saw plenty of ghosts. Huge, old, abandoned hotels, lots of empty bungalow colonies. Ruins of an old estate, etc. Oh yes, Trapp Hamlet (which is listed on ghosttowns.com) is there, and we took the hike to see what is left. Neat cemetery.