PDA

View Full Version : Where are they.........?

MuleMarine
09-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Just was roaming around on the forums here and got to wondering where all the pictures of the GT's are? I found the FJ pics, trip looked awesome btw! Maybe a seperate topic where people can post pictures of their GT expeditions?

Ghosttowns.com
09-24-2006, 03:13 PM
http://www.ghosttowns.com

then pick a state and go from there

MuleMarine
09-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Gotcha, just thought there would be more pics from individual day/weekend trips on the forums. Thanks!

GaryB
09-24-2006, 09:16 PM
I keep mine here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

I have to add some more from this past weekend. Hit a few mines around Beatty and went to Ryholite since I have some how never been there. Turns out my Dad who was with me knew the lady that ran the rock shop on the way into town. We found her grave at the cemetery and she passed on at 104 years old.

We also were checking out Panamint Anne's grave and it turns out he knew (of) her from his days delivering propane in the area during the 60's and 70's.

old judge
09-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Search "caver's" posts. Also Corey Shuman's. You already know about Rocky. Just a couple that come to mind. Also recommend Cecile's website. There's a ton of other websites sited by folks. Keep trollin'. You'll likely come across some. Johnnie and Sheila also post a lot of great info with leads to books, etc. I post mine in the "Current Status" section as well as on the individual ghost town sites. I don't do it too much, as I am computer illiterate and have to interrupt my Mormon Bride's geneology endeavors for helpppp. OJ

MuleMarine
09-25-2006, 11:58 AM
Great! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Watt Noise
09-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Just was roaming around on the forums here and got to wondering where all the pictures of the GT's are? I found the FJ pics, trip looked awesome btw! Maybe a seperate topic where people can post pictures of their GT expeditions?
I've really wondered why more people don't post pictures here as well - I mean that's what makes these type of forum boards so fun everywhere else... The photos on the main site are great but very small and some are getting kind of dated... With the added file size capabilities that have been allowed on the forums, larger and in my opinon better photos can be seen on the forum - if y'all would post them!... Text only accounts of trips are severely lacking... Most are one paragraph with at most 6 sentences... The old saying still applies: A picture is worth a thousand words... If my 73 year old mother can run a computer competently, then anyone here can... Attaching photos to a post is very simple...

GaryB
09-26-2006, 09:16 PM
I've really wondered why more people don't post pictures here as well - I mean that's what makes these type of forum boards so fun everywhere else.

Myself, I can't post direct views of pics as I keep getting the error code saying Webshots isn't recognized by the forum. But, I can post the link to either my whole collection or a specific album. I guess it works either way really.

LauraA
09-27-2006, 03:39 AM
smoothing out some bumps in the road

Cecile
09-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Been off ghosttowning and adventuring for 11 days once again..so you'll probably be seeing some stuff on my October website;)

old judge
09-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Hey Marine: Don't miss Cecile's next post. Or, for that matter, her last many. Go Navy.....OJ:cool:

Watt Noise
10-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Lots of great photos posted lately!... I didn't have much time to contribute to any specific thread, so I thought I'd thank everyone in general here for the fantastic pics and GT accounts... Keep it going...

Kevin

LauraA
10-07-2006, 07:41 PM
this road sure needs grading, it's very bumpy tonight :mad:

speedy
10-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Laura......could it be that your jeep needs new shocks?.....Speedy

old judge
10-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Hey Tater: Get with it. OJ

Gravelrash
11-12-2007, 03:11 AM
I keep mine here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

I have to add some more from this past weekend. Hit a few mines around Beatty and went to Ryholite since I have some how never been there. Turns out my Dad who was with me knew the lady that ran the rock shop on the way into town. We found her grave at the cemetery and she passed on at 104 years old.

We also were checking out Panamint Anne's grave and it turns out he knew (of) her from his days delivering propane in the area during the 60's and 70's.

Gary, I've just been looking through your photos at Webshots. Hours of fun and I've hardly scratched the surface.
I loved "Harrison Pass & Lamoille Canyon, NV". That Canyon is stunningly beautiful. I'd "googled" around there before, when I was checking out Deeth/Wells for access to Jarbidge. I had "a quick peek" around the Deeth area and just kept going south! Love the Ruby Mountains already - going there will be great, even though I think my itinerary will only allow it to be a short 1/2 day drive.
Where were you when you saw the Buffalo? A herd-preservation ranch?
Thanks very much for the photos again.
Pete

GaryB
11-12-2007, 06:31 PM
They are at a ranch in the town of Lamoille. Along with some Llamas and Texas Long Horn cattle.

The town is where the pics of the deer are. They literally live there year around and are treated as pets by the locals.

*IF* money wasn't an issue for me, it's likely one of the places I'd choose to live. The creek runs through town, the Aspens are thick, and it's always scenic. Just one of Nevada's secret little slices of heaven.

Gravelrash
11-13-2007, 02:40 AM
Yes, it sure looks nice to me. When I first started looking in the area it was all, well.....Deethly flat and hostile looking, but down past Jiggs looks like fabulous country. I suppose water is a constant Nevada problem though?
Wanna go halves in 50 acres, mate?:D