PDA

View Full Version : Tip Top, AZ

widleewidleewaa
10-01-2006, 08:03 PM
This was my third trip to Tip Top. I think Ive just about covered all of it. Its a pretty large town with alot of ruins and tons of open shafts.

widleewidleewaa
10-01-2006, 08:07 PM
sorry about the picture quality I had to srink them to up load them.

brian10x
10-02-2006, 04:31 AM
sorry about the picture quality I had to srink them to up load them.
Thank you VERY MUCH for the pictures!

Was it hard to get up there?

widleewidleewaa
10-02-2006, 02:31 PM
Its not too hard to get to the area, but alot of the roads that go up to the mines i had to walk up becuase Im afraid to take my toyota up them.

LauraA
10-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Those are great pictures. The one of the mine adit with "bad air" written on the outside would be enough to keep most thinking folks out of it, whether is was true or now.
Tip Top has a lot of interesting history.
I recently read a book in which the author did some research and theorized that the gold that Jacob Waltz claimed to be his, found in the Superstitions, might have actually been stolen loot from Tip Top, evidentially Waltz's partner worked at Tip Top at the time Waltz claimed to find his gold in the Superstitions. (other theories say it might have been the Vulture Mine ore as the source of Waltz's gold) If either theory is true, then there really isn't a Lost Dutchman Mine. :eek: Personally, I prefer to believe there really is a Lost Dutchman Mine and someday, someone will find it. ;)
Here's a neat map from the Sharlot Hall Museum Archives of Tip Top that might give you an idea of what some of the buildings you photographed once were.

Map 36 - Tiptop Mine Layout (http://www.sharlot.org/archives/maps/map36.html)

cheever
10-02-2006, 05:52 PM
I have been in several mines with my air monitor that had listed on the outside "bad air" and never once have I ran into bad air in those mines or any mine for that matter. :)

widleewidleewaa
10-02-2006, 07:26 PM
I have been in several mines with my air monitor that had listed on the outside "bad air" and never once have I ran into bad air in those mines or any mine for that matter. :)

I doubt theres anything wrong with the air, they probably didnt want anyone going in it.
I walked down a smaller tunnel the air was fine, but the rattle snake was not.:D