PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Relics

engraveit
10-03-2006, 05:05 AM
Hello all ghost towners.
I live in Kansas and love to hunt for relics using my metal detector.
What I am inquiring about is if anyone in Kansas would be willing to allow me to hunt their property.
I am very repectful of others property and always fill my hole, you wont even know I was there.
The property usually looks cleaner when I am done because I always pick up trash I see laying around.
Thanks,
Ross

LauraA
10-03-2006, 05:16 AM
Good Morning Ross, here's a good link for you. This will have some places you can go to metal detect in Kansas. Happy hunting! :)

Gold Prospecting, Treasure Hunting, Mining, Relic Hunting, and Metal Detecting in Kansas (http://www.treasurefish.com/kansas%20treasure%20hunting.htm)

engraveit
10-03-2006, 05:25 AM
Good Morning to you also Laura.
Thank you very much!

Johnnie
10-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Good Morning Ross, here's a good link for you. This will have some places you can go to metal detect in Kansas. Happy hunting! :)

Gold Prospecting, Treasure Hunting, Mining, Relic Hunting, and Metal Detecting in Kansas (http://www.treasurefish.com/kansas%20treasure%20hunting.htm)

Laura, we are impressed, What a "Treasure Trove" of imformation stored in your archives.

Thanks for taking the time to do research
Johnnie & Sheila

LauraA
10-03-2006, 02:34 PM
I usually don't keep states other than Arizona in my online files but I had a very dear friend who lived in Parsons,Kansas. She and I would exchange links of interest so I still had a few Kansas links left.
She was an avid metal detector/treasure hunter. My favorite story from her was about finding a really old ladies corset buried beneath the rubble of an old farmhouse outside of Parsons. It had metal stays in it that made her metal detector sound off as if she'd found a king's ransom. :)

bad bob
10-03-2006, 03:17 PM
[quote=engraveit;22563]
The property usually looks cleaner when I am done because I always pick up trash I see laying around.
[quote]

Can't guarantee you finding anything, but you're welcome to MD my mobile home space if you'd clean up the weeds.:D
bb.

GaryB
10-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Can't guarantee you finding anything, but you're welcome to MD my mobile home space if you'd clean up the weeds.:D
bb.

Heck, I have money in my yard. Every time I turn around, I'm finding either bottle caps or change. One day raking up leaves (my yard is dirt BTW) I found about a buck fifty.

engraveit
10-04-2006, 08:25 AM
Thank you Bob, but I will need to know how much land you own so I will know how many goats to bring to take care of them
weeds:)

bad bob
10-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Thank you Bob, but I will need to know how much land you own so I will know how many goats to bring to take care of them
weeds:)

Eng...I think 1 goat will be more than enough. What time can I expect you tomorrow?

LauraA
10-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Eng...I think 1 goat will be more than enough. What time can I expect you tomorrow?

heh heh heh Bad Bob... does that include the old goat who already lives there? :p ;)

(the devil has taken over control of my keyboard):D

bad bob
10-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Close but no cigar, Madge.

This old goat used to smoke weed...the other goat is for eating them.

Nate.

old judge
10-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Hey, Engraveit: I'm just down the Chisholm Trail. No need to go so far west to feed your goats. Just go South 'til you smell it and East 'til you step in it. Then you're in Texas. Just go back North halfway. Cross the Canadian, and you're in my territory. Then get busy...OJ

speedy
10-05-2006, 01:03 PM
OJ,
Make sure you watch TV this Sat. Its Texas vs. OU. Speedy

Johnnie
10-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Hello all ghost towners.
I live in Kansas and love to hunt for relics using my metal detector.
What I am inquiring about is if anyone in Kansas would be willing to allow me to hunt their property.
I am very repectful of others property and always fill my hole, you wont even know I was there.
Thanks,
Ross

Ross, treasure hunting, could be very intersting in and around Wichita, just try to find an old map from the 1870s when cattle drives were so popular and try to locate some of the old stock yards around the old R/R spures.

We are sure that that some old coins could be found. Those type of locations may be a be great place to start searching. :cool:

We all know that many old Historical Western Towns have been rebuilt many times over in the last 130 years except Tombstone, Arizona. But maybe in the outskirts you may have a better chance of finding intresting, good luck keep us posted on any great finds.

Your fellow ghosttowners
Johnnie & Sheila

old judge
10-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Speedy: Thanks for the tip. But I won't need TV. Just a set of binoculars. I'm headed South this afternoon. I'll be watchin' where I step. If the Longhorns win, for the second time in 7 years (and in 2 years), I will assume the fetal position and be laid up for about three days. As Dr. George Cross said, "Here at OU we're building a University the Football Team can be proud of." Go BIG RED!!!!! OJ

speedy
10-06-2006, 03:04 PM
OJ,I'm green with envy....only wish I could be able to see it too. TV will be the best I can do. We live in Texas, but my wife thinks red is a prettier color than burnt orange.....Speedy

engraveit
10-07-2006, 04:39 AM
Thank you Johnnie & Sheila.
I will try this and will keep you all posted on my finds.

old judge
10-07-2006, 08:21 AM
Speedy: Here I am in Dallas..using some computer gimmick my wife brought along and, she tells me, I'm getting out. Game is 3 hours away, and we're out of here. OU by 4. I know. Not real confident. But I am faithful..By the way, your wife has better taste in color than do you......OJ

Johnnie
10-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Thank you Johnnie & Sheila.
I will try this and will keep you all posted on my finds.

Ross, Look also around old and new rodeo stadiums sites. good luck.

J & S

LauraA
10-08-2006, 05:24 AM
Ross, If you find anything REALLY good, don't forget all your friends here on the GT forum who gave you all this great wealth of advice. (the standard 60/40 split will be acceptable) :D

speedy
10-08-2006, 09:25 AM
OJ.....Really hope you are doing ok today. Events like this sometimes drive a person into what we often refer to as a "blue funk". I assure you that should the tables had been turned, many Texans would be storming the drug stores in search of various medications to ease the pain. The only soltice is that there is always next year.....Speedy

old judge
10-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Hey Speedy: Thanks for your concern..Just wanted you to know, I thought that was a Women's Basketball Game in Dallas. Boy, was I wrong. Anyway, don't worry about me until Basketball season. WOMEN'S Basketball season. (Boy, it's hard to write laying on your side, all curled up, keyboard between your knees, and foot in your mouth).....OJ

GaryB
10-10-2006, 05:36 PM
So I take it the brown team beat the red team?

engraveit
10-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Hey do you guys think if I posted something on football, which KSU is my team by the way, then maybe we can talk about metal detecting?

bad bob
10-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Hey do you guys think if I posted something on football, which KSU is my team by the way, then maybe we can talk about metal detecting?

Oooooooooh....the razor sharp cutting edge of sarcasm, AND a KSU fan. That's definately a two-fer.
bb.

old judge
10-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Say Pardner: If'n you're a KSU Wildcat booster, where would you'a learned anything about football? OJ :D