PDA

View Full Version : old ANTIQUE SHOPS , do they still exist?

MCox
10-05-2006, 07:31 PM
Hi, I have never been to a ghost town..I am looking for ghost towns in texas and also ghostish' towns that have old Antique Shops. Do old romantic junk shops where one can find really amazing things still exist????

thank you-M

I appreciate any help , I live in Houston

LauraA
10-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Hi M, I'm not sure what's in the Houston area, but if you feel like taking a ride, Forney, East of Dallas on Hwy 80 is well worth the trip. There are many quaint antiques shops in the area, one I recall was in an old schoolhouse, they had some really neat, unique items. Of course there's Canton, TX, a mindblowing monster antiques flea market held Thursday through Sunday preceding the first Monday of each Month. It's about an hour from Dallas. It literally takes days to see the entire thing, so it's not exactly the "romantic junk shop" you're looking for but it is an antique hunters heaven.
Closer to your neck of the woods is Galveston and the beautiful, restored Victorian homes there. Some open for tours and quite a few are now antiques shops. Those might be closer to the romatic type of "junque" shop you're looking for. Happy hunting.

JuneNY
10-13-2006, 02:54 AM
Chloride, Arizona is a semi-ghost town. Its listed on this site and its on the map. There are several small antique shops there. I didn't have time to stop and go in any of them, but its worth a try. Good luck.