PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Mine, Ely, NV

GaryB
10-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Got some shots of Taylor Mine by Ely, NV last weekend while elk hunting. Even accidentally drove into the active mining pit next door on a back road :o but I didn't get any shots of that. I high tailed it as I didn't want to run the risk of them having bigger guns than me ;)

The other mine was on the side of Taylor to the NW. Can't find any info on it, but it looked like a good place to explore more later.

http://thumb15.webshots.net/t/34/34/5/20/64/2226520640094197955rHGFPm_th.jpg (http://travel.webshots.com/album/554799444ZKleDZ)

LauraA
10-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Nice shots Gary, hope you're going back there to explore, it does look interesting! What kind of mining operation did you stumble into?

GaryB
10-13-2006, 09:15 PM
The one next to Taylor. It's referred to as the Taylor Operations, or something like that. Saw a camper trailer and a new truck but no people. When we got turned around and in the right spot (old Taylor), they started up some kind of diesel motor that made quite a racket. So I know they were around and they were obviously working. It's quite the set up. Looks to be mostly pit mining.

GaryB
08-24-2008, 11:45 AM
For anyone interested: The mining operations next to the original mine site of Taylor has been awarded access to expand their mining operations in the area. From the sound of it, everything that is left of Taylor will be wiped out by further mining operations. Modern mining has already erased what was left of the town site. About the only thing likely to survive will be the cemetery.

I took some more pictures during our clubs July run up there, mostly of the cemetery. Though I haven't been able to upload them yet.

Tsarevna
09-01-2008, 03:54 AM
For anyone interested: The mining operations next to the original mine site of Taylor has been awarded access to expand their mining operations in the area. From the sound of it, everything that is left of Taylor will be wiped out by further mining operations. Modern mining has already erased what was left of the town site. About the only thing likely to survive will be the cemetery.

I took some more pictures during our clubs July run up there, mostly of the cemetery. Though I haven't been able to upload them yet.

:( Ughf!

Natalie's Boots
09-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Good thing you got up there when you did! Sprawl sux :(

bob3 was bob2
09-12-2008, 10:18 AM

Figures another ghosttown would be wiped off the map. :mad:

teds280z
09-25-2008, 10:21 AM
I swear those big mining corporations are a pain in the ***. Dont know how to do it but the GTs should all be put on the historical site list.:(