PDA

View Full Version : GRE October Rides, Drum Mountains and San Rafael Swell

one_bad_rover
10-24-2006, 02:11 PM
More photodocumentation of our monthly excursions.
The Drum mountain mines were last worked around 1910.

The San Rafael rock art is dated to around 5-600 AD.

http://www.goldrushexpeditions.com (http://www.goldrushexpeditions.com/)

LauraA
10-24-2006, 02:43 PM
More GREAT photos, Thanks!
Do you think the DOD might have been unloading instead of mining? It looks like a lot of holes were dug, but no remnants of ore laying around. Perhaps they had intended on storing some sort of waste material there? Did you check to see if you glowed in the dark after touring the site?
Ibex is really impressive, it looks like a super place to explore.

old judge
10-26-2006, 06:19 AM
Wonderful pictorial adventure Corey. Especially like that last shot leaving Death Canyon..OJ

GaryB
10-26-2006, 12:07 PM
Great pictures. So how many clowns get lost looking for the 4 hunters in Goshute every year?

one_bad_rover
10-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Not sure what was going on, one of the DOD officials at the MK tunnels meeting turned us on to the site... said we might find it interesting....

More GREAT photos, Thanks!
Do you think the DOD might have been unloading instead of mining? It looks like a lot of holes were dug, but no remnants of ore laying around. Perhaps they had intended on storing some sort of waste material there? Did you check to see if you glowed in the dark after touring the site?
Ibex is really impressive, it looks like a super place to explore.

one_bad_rover
10-26-2006, 01:49 PM
None of note... but one of those places you have to see to beleive...

Great pictures. So how many clowns get lost looking for the 4 hunters in Goshute every year?

GaryB
10-27-2006, 11:25 AM
None of note... but one of those places you have to see to beleive...

I'm sure. We've got some places in Nevada that you could get lost in and they'd never find you. Jarbidge Wilderness being a good one.

It's nice being able to get into some back woods area that not too many people have ever seen, or will.

caver
01-22-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks for sharing.
I guess this confirms I need to hit Utah again this year before they destroy everything.