PDA

View Full Version : Woodruff, Arizona

Ghostdancer
11-06-2006, 02:24 PM
At work today I took a delivery to Woodruff just south of Holbrook. There are a number of old homes; most appeared to be occupied. Since I was on the job I didn't take the time to explore. I don't know if it could be called a semi-ghost, but it's rather isolated and very quiet.

And yes, there is a post office still in business plus a library and the mormon church which is where I made my delivery.

Tom

brian10x
11-06-2006, 08:26 PM
At work today I took a delivery to Woodruff just south of Holbrook. There are a number of old homes; most appeared to be occupied. Since I was on the job I didn't take the time to explore. I don't know if it could be called a semi-ghost, but it's rather isolated and very quiet.

And yes, there is a post office still in business plus a library and the mormon church which is where I made my delivery.

Tom
Next time, try to bring your camera. I'd love to see pictures of your "semi-ghost" town.

Ghostdancer
11-07-2006, 04:48 AM
Here's from the site:

Woodruff (http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/woodruff.html)

Kelly
11-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Been to woodruff lots of times.
It is a neat place, I go on the road to the north out of there(dirt road) and pic up some real nice petrified wood, from woodruff north for about 3 miles on both sides of the road. It is listed in gem trails of arizona.The wood there is just like the one in the national monument.Only you won't get in trouble there.:D

bad bob
11-09-2006, 09:41 AM
<DETOUR>
ROAD WORK AHEAD!