PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth Mill Wheel

NWNative
12-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Mammoth Mill in California. The wheel and some other stuff was found at the end of a trail just past an area where new building was going on.
The guy in the photo is 6'2". Big wheel.

Tsarevna
01-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures, that sure is impressive!

LauraA
01-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Mammoth Mill in California. The wheel and some other stuff was found at the end of a trail just past an area where new building was going on.
The guy in the photo is 6'2". Big wheel.

Is the 6'2" guy also a big wheel? :D

High Desert Drifter
01-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Nice Picture! Fun place to explore when its not 100 degrees or
-10 degrees. Its been a few years since I have visited. Were you able to explore areas around Bridgeport and Hawthorne on your trip as well?

NWNative
01-26-2007, 07:36 AM
No, we didn't go to those two. We did stop at Bodie - of course - and several towns from the Oregon Border down to Mammoth. When we got to Mammoth we ran out of time and had to turn around. We were on a 10 day trip (honeymoon) and there was more to see than we had time for.

Laura - no, he's OK. I could make a lot of jokes I suppose but any guy who'll put up with a 10 day drive and camping in the back of the truck just to see a bunch of old buildings and foundations. . . well, you got to keep him.

LauraA
01-26-2007, 09:39 AM
NW, That's right, he's a keeper. I've got one of those too! ;) We spent our honeymoon camping at Apache Lake in the winter time. :)