PDA

View Full Version : Yellowjacket Idaho

NWNative
12-30-2006, 08:52 PM
This is one of my favorite ghost towns.
The first picture is from along side the five story hotel. The fifth story is resting somewhere inside the fourth.
The next shot is a long distance from the stamp mill.
The last one is a picture of the stamp mill. Not all of the stamps fit in the frame but there were 60 stamps. One set of ten had fallen out and was laying on the valley floor.

LauraA
12-31-2006, 06:15 AM
Great pics NW. I love those towering stamp mills, so picturesque especially in such a scenic setting. Thanks and Happy New Year! :)

caver
01-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Welll thanks :) now I'm ****** at myself for not going to Yellowjacket while in the area. We were running out of time and I scratched it off the list.

ghost_town_huntress
01-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Speaking of the Yellowjacket, I was thinking of visiting my sister up in Idaho this spring, and am wondering what the current condition of places like Bayhorse, Bonanza, Custer and other area ghost towns are? What about road conditions? I was also going to be including a trip to the Yellowjacket in there. There's no way I'm going to attempt anything till April, but just wondering about conditions? Anyone in the area know?

Rachel ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

P.S. Long time no see! Yes we're all still fine after that tornado destroyed our house in August; we're currently relocated to Eureka, Utah (yea, ghost towns galore!) but I can't explore till spring because there's too much ****** snow up here! We're suing our homeowner's insurance company for a couple million for refusing to cover the cost of rebuilding our house and for pain and suffering, but we'll be rebuilding in Provo this coming year where our old house used to be. Will keep everyone updated!

LauraA
01-23-2007, 06:44 AM
Rachel, It's good to see your name back on the forum. I was thinking about you and hoped everything would be settled by now. Good luck with that *** **** insurance company!