PDA

View Full Version : where to go

anglo007
01-10-2007, 11:42 AM
anybody got any suggestions where to go just moved to scottsdale i found an old town called union but can not find directions thanks

bad bob
01-10-2007, 04:38 PM
anybody got any suggestions where to go just moved to scottsdale i found an old town called union but can not find directions thanks

According to the description of Union (Maricopa county) on the AZ page of this website, Union has been completely bulldozed. Only the site and mines remain. This was in 1995.

bb.

old judge
01-10-2007, 07:11 PM
If'n you know where you are, and that appears to be Arizona, and you found your way to this site, and you're still askin' where to go, and how to find it, you're lost, and I'll need more info to help you find where to go from wherever you are. And even then I'm not sure I'll be of much help, cause I'll be relying on this site, which, apparently, is not real helpful when you're lost, as you appear to be. OJ

brian10x
01-11-2007, 04:22 AM

By far, the best way to get started is to buy one or more of the great ghost town books advertised on this site.

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/azbooks.html

I started buying gt books about AZ when I still lived in Florida to get a head start.

Good luck!

GaryB
01-11-2007, 01:01 PM
..........when I still lived in Florida......

Well, that explains a lot then. And to think we just thought you were weird. ;)

anglo007: I'd do a search on these forums for "Arizona" to start. There's been a few good links to other resourceful sites than this one posted as of late in numerous threads. I'd also search the Arizona page: http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/az.html if you haven't yet as well as pick up either a DeLorme State Atlas or the one from Benchmark. Both have plenty of the sites listed here to get you started.

Flatiron
01-12-2007, 04:23 AM
You're not going to find much in Snottsdale, unless you consider the Pink Pony Restaurant or all the Indian Jewelry shops in Old Town Snottsdale your type of Ghost Town. As previously noted, there's plenty of info on this site, if you take the time to look for it.............:D