PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Springs, FL directions to the old hotel

mainmanwalkin
01-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Off of US 98 about 5 miles north of Perry. If you're heading north, turn left at the sign leading to the Correctional Institution. This is Hampton Springs Rd. Almost immediately on your right is a little road with a little sign that says "3655" --take that road to the right and it will lead right to the Hampton Springs hotel site. This is a small park. At first glance the little road doesnt look like it leads to anything or goes anywhere, but the park is right there. Very close to the Gas Station/Convenience store. Do NOT go past the Correctional Facility --you will have gone too far. :)

mainmanwalkin
10-09-2007, 07:04 AM
---I wrote the above Hampton Springs Hotel directions post in answer to someone's question, but now their original post is gone... hmmmm :confused:

Gravelrash
10-09-2007, 11:36 AM
---I wrote the above Hampton Springs Hotel directions post in answer to someone's question, but now their original post is gone... hmmmm :confused:

Last seen in a silver Corvette, heading down Turnbull Canyon Rd!
Is this a case of the mysterious "BUMP"?
If it is, I have a few more candidates. Someone has started spamming my email address. They seem to think my appendage needs some heft and - WOW - would you believe it. I won the lottery!!

mainmanwalkin
10-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Last seen in a silver Corvette, heading down Turnbull Canyon Rd!

I gave directions for Hampton Springs, but I think they were looking for the Manson Caves instead :D

Gravelrash
10-10-2007, 03:29 PM
I gave directions for Hampton Springs, but I think they were looking for the Manson Caves instead :D

MWM - when I first came across this forum, I spent a lot of time reading "the backlog" of posts and, of course, I came across the Manson Caves/Barker Ranch stuff. Off I went googling, and I am still astonished at the nonsense some people seem to need to believe.
I think some of the supposed sightings of strange beings in the caves area were probably "Emos" who hadn't been in the sun for a looooong time!!!
I can't believe a psychopath like Manson has become a cult figure to some.

I almost feel embarassed, that some of my planned exploring will take me to that region - I just hope no-one I encounter out that way thinks I am "homage a Manson". I'm glad he's still rotting in prison.

mscrant
11-18-2007, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the directions new to the board but have been checking out the web site for some time . Now if I can find the town of Rochle (sp?)