PDA

View Full Version : Anything Around San Diego

lipton
02-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Hi all,

I will have the chance to do a little road trip in south Cali. Do you know any interesting places around San Diego?

bad bob
02-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi all,

I will have the chance to do a little road trip in south Cali. Do you know any interesting places around San Diego?

For starts, you can visit OLD TOWN San Diego. There's much to see here, and is where the ghost of a former outlaw who was hung in what used to be a Judge's house, now a museum, I think, and where other ghosts (of kids, and a pet) are known to be present, all in and around the same building.

About an hour east of SD is Julian, CA which gets it's beginning with the 1870's gold rush. Access these sites and more online, Google. One site has several pics of Julian posted on a Hungarian web site.

This whole area is crisscrossed by old stage coach roads, and their stops, some of which are still present today. Check in at the Julian Chamber of Commerce, and/or the Historical Societies in SD and Julian for exact locations. Much info from the SD HS you can probably get over the phone.

bb.