PDA

View Full Version : Antique Bottles

Johnnie
02-09-2007, 11:20 AM
If any of you miss Tues. "Cash & Tresure" program on Antique Bottle collecting some worth a lot $$$ and searching for Gems, Fish Fossile.

This program is going to be on again Sat. on satilite and cable.

Check your " check your local
T V guide for the
"Travel Cannnel" programing :cool:

Out here Becky, is on at 2;00 to 3:00 P M ( P S T )

Johnnie & Sheila

old judge
02-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Hey Johnnie: I've got some old bottles. I've got some Old Crow, Old Harper, Old Overcoat, Old Granddad, and Old Kentucky Home. Does it make any difference if they're empty? I can fill them up from that barrel in the woods. OJ

LauraA
02-10-2007, 07:45 AM
I thought you might enjoy seeing this one. We're not bottle collectors, but this was a fabulous find for us. It's a Codd's Patent number 4, made in England, late 1800s mineral water bottle that we dug up quite a few years ago (under an old Georgia outhouse :eek: ). It's not perfect, having a chip out of the neck, but we treasure it anyway. The glass marble which seals the bottle is still in place.
Here's a link with more info:

The Unusual Codd Bottle (http://www.go-star.com/antiquing/codd.htm)

ghost_town_huntress
02-11-2007, 12:44 AM
I've got a purple half pint whiskey bottle that I found walking across the desert (flat tire stranded us and hubby forgot to double check that the RIGHT tire iron was in the car) by Frisco, UT. Then I found an old Vaseline bottle in Frisco. I've also got a Hires Big H root beer extract bottle (forgot where it came from) and a big old gallon jug dug up from some ghost town in Nevada's (again, forgot which one) dump. I also have numerous other bottles from various different ghost towns, including a huge stash of old bottles under a house in a ghost town here in Utah (I'm not giving away the name). A lot of the bottles are still there, unless they got washed away in that flash flood that hit the area last year.
Rachel in Utah ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Johnnie
02-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Hey Johnnie: I've got some old bottles. I've got some Old Crow, Old Harper, Old Overcoat, Old Granddad, and Old Kentucky Home. Does it make any difference if they're empty? I can fill them up from that barrel in the woods. OJ

Are they "Still" there O J? When was the last time you were out there in them woods? Barney, said there has been a lot of thirsty treasurey, hunters out there in them back woods .

We heard that Barney, seen Ottis, pouring barrels of liquid into that pond down the way. and Ottis wife told Andy, that she can't figure out why Ottis, gets drunk every time he eats fish.

And when Barney, ask Ottis, what he was doing....Ottis, told him that the spring had stop flowing and he was filling the pond back up.

We will have to check with Andy. to see how that turned out. :D

Johnnie & Sheila

Johnnie
02-11-2007, 09:42 AM
I thought you might enjoy seeing this one. We're not bottle collectors, but this was a fabulous find for us. It's a Codd's Patent number 4, made in England, late 1800s mineral water bottle that we dug up quite a few years ago (under an old Georgia outhouse :eek: ). It's not perfect, having a chip out of the neck, but we treasure it anyway. The glass marble which seals the bottle is still in place.
Here's a link with more info:

The Unusual Codd Bottle (http://www.go-star.com/antiquing/codd.htm)

Thanks for the link Laura, Did every check to see what it is worth?

We found a lot of bottles, laying among the sage in Belmont Nevada in the early 1960s and a lot of purple glass in Goldfield outskirts.

Sounds like Rachel, has a big collection. of rare ones.

Johnnie & Sheila

Johnnie
02-11-2007, 09:52 AM
I've got a purple half pint whiskey bottle that I found walking across the desert (flat tire stranded us and hubby forgot to double check that the RIGHT tire iron was in the car) by Frisco, UT. Then I found an old Vaseline bottle in Frisco. I've also got a Hires Big H root beer extract bottle (forgot where it came from) and a big old gallon jug dug up from some ghost town in Nevada's (again, forgot which one) dump. I also have numerous other bottles from various different ghost towns, including a huge stash of old bottles under a house in a ghost town here in Utah (I'm not giving away the name). A lot of the bottles are still there, unless they got washed away in that flash flood that hit the area last year.
Rachel in Utah ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Great Stuff! Rachel, According to Becky on "Cash and Treasures" program some of these bottles are worth a lot of $$$ just like that one that Laura has posted.

When we went up to Panamint, in 1959 we did not find one bottle I guess they too landed up down the canyon during their flash flood.

Johnnie & Sheila

LauraA
02-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Unfortunately, our bottle has a pretty good sized chip out of it, collectors would probably want them in mint condition. I guess it's not worth much except to us. :(