PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Towns of America Link

TheCrow
02-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Here is a free info link to many ghost towns in all 50 states. The site is just over 1 year old and still in the build stages. Registration is not need to view. They do request for info for folks also.
http://www.treasurequestxlt.com/community/ghost-towns-america/6431-ghost-towns-america.html

TheCrow
02-11-2007, 02:58 PM
LauraA said the link was ok. I've posted Minnesota and Tennessee links here at your site. Info free use it to enjoy your adventures.

TheCrow
02-11-2007, 03:12 PM
All 50 states have sub-catagories, some have started to recieve pictures of Ghost towns and other locations. Another interesting new thread there just started up is called Abandoned Places. This sites goal is not ghost towns, but rather metal detecting. They too have a code of ethics much like your site here. As TheCrow i have another named there, So that is why i've said all are welcome to view the info. Thanks Free2Dtect

LauraA
02-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks for posting the link, there's a lot of good information to be found there. :)

TheCrow
02-11-2007, 04:01 PM
I was on vacation from there and seen your site. I figured your site might like the info. I have been blasting away for over a year on this project and figure it will take over another year at least to finish. Then i started another Thread which i hope will be better yet, the Abandoned Places thread. Just posted a picture of my Grandmother's abandoned house. :)

45-70Ranger
03-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Hello The Crow !
I'll be joining shortly.
And, I'll pass the link on our Western forums.
Looks very interesting.
See ya !

TheCrow
03-07-2007, 05:28 AM
Thanks for posting the link, there's a lot of good information to be found there. :)
I just completed Gila county, Arizona for you. Later

LauraA
03-07-2007, 06:26 AM
Thanks Crow, I'm printing out your additions right now. There are a lot of places I've never heard of, it'll be interesting to check them out. :)

Johnnie
03-07-2007, 09:05 AM
Here is a free info link to many ghost towns in all 50 states. The site is just over 1 year old and still in the build stages. Registration is not need to view. They do request for info for folks also.
http://www.treasurequestxlt.com/community/ghost-towns-america/6431-ghost-towns-america.html

Thanks Crow, And keep up the great work.

Johnnie & Sheila

TheCrow
03-23-2007, 07:23 AM
The last two days have seen much more info posted for sites of interest for all to enjoy and plan their summer adventures. One does not need to register to view this link. Each day more info is posted to many of the states. Later all. :)

TheCrow
03-23-2007, 07:26 AM
I just checked the link and if one goes to the home page there, then scroll down to Ghost Towns of America and clicks that link. One will find the state subcatagories to make your search easier. Counties are being place in their respective states in alpabetical order each day.

LauraA
03-23-2007, 11:36 AM
TheCrow,
You've done an amazing job posting all those ghost towns! I can only imagine the time and energy you've devoted to this endeavor. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
If anyone's missed seeing it, here's the link again.

Ghost Towns of America - Metal Detecting Forums at Treasure Quest (http://www.treasurequestxlt.com/community/ghost-towns-america/)

TheCrow
04-04-2007, 05:51 PM
I just finished the state of Massachusetts over at that link for those interested. Check out the insane number of posts i have over there (11,000 plus). :)

TheCrow
04-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Alabama is now finished. :)

bad bob
04-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Alabama is now finished. :)

Thanks fer the update Mr Crow...btw..great site, especially for the md'ers.

TheCrow
04-19-2007, 05:46 AM
I do not metal detect much anymore. I feel the real value of a Ghost Town is the photos and to get to the site and reflect back on the history of the location. A material item pales when compared to a memory. :)

TheCrow
05-17-2007, 02:53 AM
1. Alabama; 2. Alaska; 3. Connecticut; 4. Delaware; 5. Georgia; 6. Hawaii; 7. Iowa; 8. Maryland; 9. Massachusetts; 10. Minnesota; 11. New Hampshire; 12. New Jersey; 13. Tennessee; 14. North Carolina; 15. Rhode Island; 16. South Carolina; 17. South Dakota; 18. Pennsylvania. The other states have much info of interest. Very few pictures of the locations, but i am slowly working on adding color to different types of sites, to make for easier reading.