PDA

View Full Version : Helvetia, arizona directions

Gittelbug
02-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Does anyone have any good directions to the actual place where the buildings are? I managed to find the grave yard but not the town itself. I ended up at a split after that and the bad directions i had didn't say where to go.
Thanks!:D

Total Wreck
02-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Going from Sahuarita continue past the cemetary about 1 1/4 mile, take rough dirt road to left, (this is the 3rd dirt road on left, with firearms warning sign), about 1/4 mile to ruins. There are many rough dirt roads in area & easy to get confused trying to follow a specific one.

or

Find ruins half way between Peach Knob (NW) & Old Dickk mine (SE) (I had to misspell Dicck because of the feshluginer censor) these are the 2 highest LOCAL points, (not the ridgeline on the mts wich is gunsight pass). The only extant ruins are on a leval plain between 2 deep washes. The adobe walls are probably only a couple of feet high now.

Google up the topo on MapTech, that'll help.

Search out the old smelter site off the main road, going S, its across the wash below the new house. There's more of this left than of the whole town.
TW

Really, You can't even spell **** here ??? what if my name is ****??? Cmon GB

brian10x
02-20-2007, 08:20 PM
I found a way to sneak dirty words into a post.:eek:

Gittelbug
02-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Really, You can't even spell **** here ??? what if my name is ****??? Cmon GB
Then we'd call you richard? lol :D
Anyways thanks for the directions and the suggestion. I hope to be going out there again in the near future.

Ghostdancer
03-20-2007, 03:17 PM
I last saw Helvetia in 1992 and at the time the one remaining ruin was down to around half of what it was when I first saw it in 1978 so I wonder how much of it is left now.

My great aunt told me that this ruin was the hotel.

Tom

radar1
01-21-2009, 08:27 PM
After passing the cementary you have to turn right not left