PDA

View Full Version : Where's my submission?

Tsarevna
03-15-2007, 10:32 PM
A month or so ago I submitted the town of Seneca, CA. It's in Plumas county. Don't see it up there yet, is it in the queue? :confused:

High Desert Drifter
03-16-2007, 02:59 PM
I too have sumbitted dozens of towns over the past couple of years but I never saw them posted or heard anything so I gave up and started my own web site... I hope you have better success.

bad bob
03-16-2007, 03:37 PM
A month or so ago I submitted the town of Seneca, CA. It's in Plumas county. Don't see it up there yet, is it in the queue? :confused:

Tsar, you might check with Todd Underwood, the webmaster or GaryB (Mod).
I submitted several places a few years ago, and they were all up within 2-3 days. They're either on vacation, busy, or perhaps the "submit" link is inop. They been having trouble with it lately, IIRC.

GaryB
03-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Your best bet would be to go to your "Private Messages" and send a message to the member recipient "ghosttowns.com" with your concern. Todd's pretty good at getting back in a decent time frame.

Unfortunately I have nothing to do with the town listings, just the message board. It's my little corner ;)

Tsarevna
03-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Nice, got a quick response. Seneca is up there now, check out Northern California, Plumas county. :o

LauraA
03-20-2007, 05:48 PM
That's a nice post, thanks for sharing it. :)

Tsarevna
03-21-2007, 08:43 PM
That's a nice post, thanks for sharing it. :)

;) Thanks, now, if I could ever go there, that would be nice. For years my parents drove me as a child every few months to our vacation cabin by Lake Almanor and Chester. Every trip we passed by Seneca Road, and never went down it. :(

While researching Lake Almanor, (the locals all say a pioneer town was flooded with the creation of Canyon Dam and the artificial lake) I stumbled across someone's blog of their Seneca ghost town visit.

After reading this fascinating blog, I googled "ghost town" and found www.ghosttowns.com. :cool: That's how it all started...