PDA

View Full Version : shakespeare

gyhooya
03-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Planning a visit to Shakespeare in NM. Anyone have any up-to-date info? Worth going?:confused:

old judge
03-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Pardner: Between checking the Shakespeare Website, and doing your homework on this site, I'll betcha you learn more than you really want to know. OJ

gyhooya
03-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Pardner: Between checking the Shakespeare Website, and doing your homework on this site, I'll betcha you learn more than you really want to know. OJ

You mean Partner? Sure the website is great, but I wanted to find out something first-hand from someone who has been there recently. Sorry for bothering you!

old judge
03-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Nope Pilgrim, I meant ParDner. Oh, and no bother. Anytime. Really. OJ

gyhooya
03-21-2007, 01:32 PM
Nope Pilgrim, I meant ParDner. Oh, and no bother. Anytime. Really. OJ

ParDner? Oh.... now I see... you're from Oklahoma.... :rolleyes:

bad bob
03-21-2007, 03:05 PM
ParDner? Oh.... now I see... you're from Oklahoma.... :rolleyes:

Easy now Hooya
Speakin' only fer myself, sometimes older folks like me hallucinate, and see Satan, and other malevolent auras and such, in some of the posted msgs. I could/would never presume to speak for His Honor, our most esteemed Legal Eagle, Old Jurist. But on rare occasions, one of us may poke at someone just to see if they're listening. It's more or less random....well... anyway....hang in there. OK is ok. Go Boomer Sooners! YEEHAhhhhh!

gyhooya
03-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Easy now Hooya
Speakin' only fer myself, sometimes older folks like me hallucinate, and see Satan, and other malevolent auras and such, in some of the posted msgs. I could/would never presume to speak for His Honor, our most esteemed Legal Eagle, Old Jurist. But on rare occasions, one of us may poke at someone just to see if they're listening. It's more or less random....well... anyway....hang in there. OK is ok. Go Boomer Sooners! YEEHAhhhhh!

Thanks. Now to my original question. Anybody been to Shakespeare recently who can give me info, as to whether its a real ghost town, tourist trap, etc?

LauraA
03-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Thanks. Now to my original question. Anybody been to Shakespeare recently who can give me info, as to whether its a real ghost town, tourist trap, etc?

Nope, I haven't been to Shakespeare, my neighbor has. He said it was very enjoyable, although it's too "sterile" for my tastes. I prefer a place that hasn't been restored.
As to whether it's a "real" ghost town, yep, I'd say so since it's designated as a National Treasure by the NTHP and is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
I suppose it's up to you, to go, or not to go to Shakespeare, that is the question. :D

bad bob
04-30-2007, 06:45 PM

Many folks been there over the years, and posted info afterwards.

IIRC though, nowadays, ya hafta call for appointment first, as it's not open all the time.
Supposedly, it is worth the trouble. And there are other places to see in the area.