PDA

View Full Version : My 1000th Post

LauraA
03-21-2007, 05:36 PM
Well, I knew it was coming and I was trying to think of a way to commemorate my 1000th post. Holy smokes, time flies when you're having fun! :)
Although it hasn't quite been a year since I joined up, I guess I've had a lot to say...some good, some bad and some pretty outrageous.:eek: When my husband saw my total number of posts, all he had to say was, "uh huh, I can believe it." Wonder what he meant by that? :o
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thanks to all of you, the really neat people I've "met" on this forum. When I'm feeling blue or bored, all I need to do is log on and voila...instant smiles. Thanks to you folks, this old dog has learned a few new tricks.
Also, thanks to Todd for having the foresight and fortitude to have this great Ghost Town Forum!
Here's to the next 1000 posts. ;)

bad bob
03-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Well, I knew it was coming and I was trying to think of a way to commemorate my 1000th post. Holy smokes, time flies when you're having fun! :)
Although it hasn't quite been a year since I joined up, I guess I've had a lot to say...some good, some bad and some pretty outrageous.:eek: When my husband saw my total number of posts, all he had to say was, "uh huh, I can believe it." Wonder what he meant by that? :o
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thanks to all of you, the really neat people I've "met" on this forum. When I'm feeling blue or bored, all I need to do is log on and voila...instant smiles. Thanks to you folks, this old dog has learned a few new tricks.
Also, thanks to Todd for having the foresight and fortitude to have this great Ghost Town Forum!

Mucho Congrats Lorna.
You really DID know what you were Doone afterall!

BTW that was a good one, up in the penthouse....
.....shishka___ ___

High Desert Drifter
03-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Congrads Laura, It's been fun typing at, and getting to know you. I appreciate all you bring to the table. I raise my slurpee cup to your next thousand!

speedy
03-22-2007, 05:44 AM
Congrats, Laura. Don't know if I read all 1000, but I really enjoyed the many that I did read. Thanks for your contribution......Speedy

LauraA
03-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Thanks guys, but it's me who should be thanking you!
This forum has been such a great place to fill the time when we can't be out on the trail.
The volumes of information compiled here over the years is such a valuable resource for anyone interested in history and the exploration of ghost towns. Even if the information can't be found here, there's always someone who is willing to jump in to help out.

Johnnie
03-22-2007, 11:04 AM

We can't thank you enough Laura. for all those great post's and all your wit that you have shown over this last year and looking foward for many more. There is no doubt you have many talents. Your great personality shines... like a breath of freash air on a nice crisp spring moring.

Thanks again everything
Johnnie & Sheila

LauraA
03-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Thank you Johnnie & Sheila, As always, you two always make me feel good. :):) :)
I look forward to more of your great informative posts.:)

old judge
03-22-2007, 01:49 PM
Shoulda knowed the first one to ten hunnert would be some dad-blamed female type. Xs and Os anyways. OJ

Flatiron
03-23-2007, 04:12 AM
Laura.......I guess I better add my congratulations from a fellow Arizonan. I can't remember every post, but I think I've probably read them all. :p

LauraA
03-23-2007, 05:47 AM
Thanks Flatiron and OJ. Hey OJ what did you expect? You know us dad-blame female types are wordier than our dad-blame male counterparts. XOXO :p

GaryB
03-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Shoulda knowed the first one to ten hunnert would be some dad-blamed female type. Xs and Os anyways. OJ

If'n you want, I can fix that for ya ;)

LauraA
03-23-2007, 11:59 AM
If'n you want, I can fix that for ya ;)

Oh your Royal Moderatorship Sir........ya gotsta type it to earn the numbers. :p :D

GaryB
03-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Oh your Royal Moderatorship Sir........ya gotsta type it to earn the numbers. :p :D

Who said anything about typing anything? :p

SASHA
03-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Congrats sweet darling, that is so wondeful of you to share so much wisdom and finds with us. Your links are amazing, so jealous of all of your birds and critter friends, I thought I was Snow White. Thank you for being you.
P.S.
Loved all of your photos, you are gorgeous.

LauraA
03-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the compliments SASHA, you've succeeded in making me blush and that's not easy! :o