PDA

View Full Version : Wasp & Bee sting remedy

bad bob
04-18-2007, 04:07 PM
OK, so it's stretching it a bit, to be related to the gt website. But, it IS possible for gt'ers to be stung whilst out gt'ing.

Anyway, this really does work, though some peeps reaction may be different. The info was fwd thru my uncle who lives in the midwest. For thems that may'nt not heard of this: If you'll tape, or hold a penny on the sting fer 15 minutes, it will most likely save a visit to the MD, (for those allergic). The pain stops immediately! And in 15 minutes, most have no sign of a sting at all.
Evidently, the copper in the penny has some sort of anti-venum properties. Worth a try (IMO). :)

GaryB
04-19-2007, 06:31 AM
I've always heard rubbing an aspirin on it. I do know mud works too. At least it did for me.

Johnnie
04-19-2007, 07:32 AM
OK, so it's stretching it a bit, to be related to the gt website. But, it IS possible for gt'ers to be stung whilst out gt'ing.

Anyway, this really does work, though some peeps reaction may be different. The info was fwd thru my uncle who lives in the midwest. For thems that may'nt not heard of this: If you'll tape, or hold a penny on the sting fer 15 minutes, it will most likely save a visit to the MD, (for those allergic). The pain stops immediately! And in 15 minutes, most have no sign of a sting at all.
Evidently, the copper in the penny has some sort of anti-venum properties. Worth a try (IMO). :)

Thanks! B B for the valuable information.

We should always keep a first-aid kit and a first-aid "manual" handy on these backroads trips and some kind commucation devise. CB, -or a 2-meeter,, walkie talkie, cell phone, so one would be prepared for any emergency that may pops up.

But out here in California, we have not seen any bees, this year. and there was segment on the all T V stations lately on this very subject what are happening to the bees. it is puzzleing to all the scienceist.:confused:

We just happened to catch a radio program on the radio that went in length on the subject.

A researcher Linda Howell was being interviewed by George Norrie on (Coast to Coast.com) late night radio program and was very imformitive on what her opinion , and she showed on her web-site (earthfiles.com) how many states are being affected, realy alarming to say the least. :eek:

Johnnie & Sheila

LauraA
04-23-2007, 06:11 AM
I wonder if the penny remedy would work on a scorpion sting? Years ago when I first moved to Arizona, I lived in an apartment complex in downtown Phoenix and while doing some patio gardening, I had the unfortunate and extremely painful experience of being stung by a tiny Bark Scorpion. Since I was wearing jeans at the time, the critter didn't have a chance to fully discharge its venom, but I can tell you for a fact, I'd rather tangle with a wasp or bee.
We have Bark Scorpions out here too and we've found they'll hitch a ride into the house on firewood when we bring it in, they're hard to see hiding in wood crevasses. I guess it's the city girl part of me, but I'm really freaked out when I see one. :eek: :eek: :eek:

speedy
04-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Try spitting tobacco juice on the sting. But a little Slurpee would probably be best.....Speedy

speedy
04-23-2007, 11:12 AM
Wait a minute!!! I may need professional help. I may be losing touch with reality. No one in their right mind would waste a slurpee on a bee sting.

bad bob
04-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Wait a minute!!! I may need professional help. I may be losing touch with reality. No one in their right mind would waste a slurpee on a bee sting.

Speedy, you def need help. Who's gonna take up chawin' tabakky just ta spit it on a sting? Course, no disrespect meant fer you hill folk in the Ozarks region, and elsewhere that chawin' is jes' good manners.
:D

bad bob
04-23-2007, 01:19 PM
I wonder if the penny remedy would work on a scorpion sting? Years ago when I first moved to Arizona, I lived in an apartment complex in downtown Phoenix and while doing some patio gardening, I had the unfortunate and extremely painful experience of being stung by a tiny Bark Scorpion. Since I was wearing jeans at the time, the critter didn't have a chance to fully discharge its venom, but I can tell you for a fact, I'd rather tangle with a wasp or bee.
We have Bark Scorpions out here too and we've found they'll hitch a ride into the house on firewood when we bring it in, they're hard to see hiding in wood crevasses. I guess it's the city girl part of me, but I'm really freaked out when I see one. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The msg from back east didn't say anything about scorps, but in the unfortunate event of that happening, it sure couldn't hurt (pun intended) to try. :)