PDA

View Full Version : Ennui means boredom

bad bob
04-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Folks, I'm so freakin' bored right now, that if things don't start pickin' up here, I WILL take off all my clothes, and light my hair on FIRE! :eek:

Several weeks ago, we pled for some of ye members just watchin' in the wings, to fish that keyboard out, blow the dust off it, and TRY POSTING A MSG. Only half a handful responded. Now that is PATHETIC. And don't tell me ya have nothing to say.
It's easy...if ya need help, just drag the next kid that comes into the area, up on the stool and let him show ya how.
At least log in, state yer user name, and tell me to go pound sand. Then we can be reassured yer out there, and breathing, anyway.

Let's go! Ya got 10 days to reply, or I'm jumping off the Empire State Bldg in...in... .... in Chicago, yeah that's it. :p

GaryB...look out, I'm fixin' to light up every one of these gt categories!

LauraA
04-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Do I have to be a newbie to log in and tell you to go pound sand? That's not fair,
Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towners have rights too.

bad bob
04-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Do I have to be a newbie to log in and tell you to go pound sand? That's not fair,
Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towners have rights too.

Nope. RCGMMTEGT'ERS welcome to submit advice too. Whatsa matter, couldn't find any sand pounding icons? :p

NWNative
04-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Bob. Where are you. Oh Bob. . .

bad bob
04-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Bob. Where are you. Oh Bob. . .

I went back up to the penthouse looking fer you NW... my my, you do get around. I'll have to email yer hubby to switch yer jetpack off, or at least dump the fuel.

NWNative
04-30-2007, 08:14 PM
He's lurking here somewhere. I don't usually hang here very long - read a few new posts, maybe say something. However, you seemed a little lonely so I thought I'd visit with you a bit.

bad bob
04-30-2007, 08:21 PM
He's lurking here somewhere. I don't usually hang here very long - read a few new posts, maybe say something. However, you seemed a little lonely so I thought I'd visit with you a bit.

Bless you melady, or is it malady? You truly are a psychic. And having pity for a long-winded old....old ... uhhh..Indian Fighter. Though lonely may be a bit strong. Bored seems to work better in my world, where the skies are always a deep purple. Wait...was that a song from long ago?

NWNative
04-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Yeah, well... gotta do something to justify sittin' up and drinkin'.

bad bob
04-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Yeah, well... gotta do something to justify sittin' up and drinkin'.

Hmmm wonder if Ted Kennedy knows that? Ahhhh, no, no I doubt it. He already has plenty to keep him stupid.

NWNative
04-30-2007, 08:39 PM
At least he's drinkin' the good stuff.

Well, it's been fun but good night.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

brian10x
05-02-2007, 04:43 AM
Don't get me started. I mean really. You might not like what you see.

speedy
05-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Brian, I think I took her to my prom....

brian10x
05-02-2007, 07:53 PM
What he said.

Too busy riding my new motorcycle to remember to be serious.

Bless all of you

Many apologies

Too my twinkies

Gasp

Can't even haiku

feel so blue

sniffing glue

with Motley Crue

got the flu

haven't a clue

imcharmed
05-03-2007, 10:33 AM
My, oh my, what have I missed?
I actually had a couple of free minutes thought I'd check out what was going on here and thought I somehow stumbled onto Springer.lol
I'm just funnin' with ya!!!!
Most of y'all just crack me up, the Kennedy pic really got me to laughing, nearly shot my drink right out my nasal passage.
:D :D :D :eek:

bad bob
05-03-2007, 11:43 AM
My, oh my, what have I missed?
I actually had a couple of free minutes thought I'd check out what was going on here and thought I somehow stumbled onto Springer.lol
I'm just funnin' with ya!!!!
Most of y'all just crack me up, the Kennedy pic really got me to laughing, nearly shot my drink right out my nasal passage.

'Bout time ya chimed in here again. Don't give me that "no time" bs. I was jes' about to send a posse to SC to string ye up.:p

Really, what's yer experience with gt'ing? East coast only?
Where ya been, where ya goin'. C'mon, wipe yer nose and "spill the beans." :D

imcharmed
05-03-2007, 12:34 PM
:D
'Bout time ya chimed in here again. Don't give me that "no time" bs. I was jes' about to send a posse to SC to string ye up.:p

Really, what's yer experience with gt'ing? East coast only?
Where ya been, where ya goin'. C'mon, wipe yer nose and "spill the beans."

Actually, we have only been in SC for not quite a year. We did enjoy ghosting in GA a while back. Cassville/White area some and up past Acworth, I think. Did get to go to a civil war fighting grounds that was known for strange sightings, didn't see anything ourselves but the whole fam got weird feelings.
We have lived with a couple of ghosts in the past though!!!! Could of been the shine, but no I'm pretty sure they were there.:D
Have been to a couple places in NV and a place called China Hat in Idaho(home state)they say at certain times you can hear the screams of chinamen that were buried in a mining accident there, and some have claimed they have seen shapes of people.

bad bob
05-03-2007, 12:57 PM
:D

Actually, we have only been in SC for not quite a year. We did enjoy ghosting in GA a while back. Cassville/White area some and up past Acworth, I think. Did get to go to a civil war fighting grounds that was known for strange sightings, didn't see anything ourselves but the whole fam got weird feelings.
We have lived with a couple of ghosts in the past though!!!! Could of been the shine, but no I'm pretty sure they were there.:D
Have been to a couple places in NV and a place called China Hat in Idaho(home state)they say at certain times you can hear the screams of chinamen that were buried in a mining accident there, and some have claimed they have seen shapes of people.

Umm hmmm. Interesting as that is, Charmed, you do know gt'ing has nothing to do with the paranormal, right? :) No, what I meant was, what's yer experience in ghost towning, if any?

Also where'd ya come from in Idaho? There are several in here, from ID. Jes wondrin' if they might be from the same place or vicinity. Have only seen the photos, but looks like several nice ghost towns in ID remaining.

imcharmed
05-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Umm hmmm. Interesting as that is, Charmed, you do know gt'ing has nothing to do with the paranormal, right? :) No, what I meant was, what's yer experience in ghost towning, if any?

Also where'd ya come from in Idaho? There are several in here, from ID. Jes wondrin' if they might be from the same place or vicinity. Have only seen the photos, but looks like several nice ghost towns in ID remaining.

As you probably realized by now I have a rambling problem.
I grew up in a small town in the southeast of Idaho called Hamer. An elementary school field trip is what got me interested in ghost towns, I can't for the life of me remember the name of it but it was an awesome trip. There is a story of a little ghost town, maybe 50 miles from Hamer, where a stagecoach carrying gold got stolen and robbers ended up turning it over in a river, the townies tried to recover it but bad things kept happening so they all moved away. It is said when people come to the spot this town was , bad ju-ju or something hovers and bad things happen to all that enter. We were never able to decipher the directions ourselves maybe that's lucky for us. Been to a few other ghost towns that most likely are only known to a handful of people.
My husband and I both love finding places we can visit, when time and obligations allow.
I love reading peoples experiences on here, thanx so much for letting me know about this.
BTW you haven't had to set your hair on fire or anything, have you?

Dang, I rambled again!!!! Sorry about that. I'll try to find my meds or at least my Amaretto.:p

bad bob
05-03-2007, 01:56 PM
As you probably realized by now I have a rambling problem.
I grew up in a small town in the southeast of Idaho called Hamer. An elementary school field trip is what got me interested in ghost towns, I can't for the life of me remember the name of it but it was an awesome trip. There is a story of a little ghost town, maybe 50 miles from Hamer, where a stagecoach carrying gold got stolen and robbers ended up turning it over in a river, the townies tried to recover it but bad things kept happening so they all moved away. It is said when people come to the spot this town was , bad ju-ju or something hovers and bad things happen to all that enter. We were never able to decipher the directions ourselves maybe that's lucky for us. Been to a few other ghost towns that most likely are only known to a handful of people.
My husband and I both love finding places we can visit, when time and obligations allow.
I love reading peoples experiences on here, thanx so much for letting me know about this.
BTW you haven't had to set your hair on fire or anything, have you?

Dang, I rambled again!!!! Sorry about that. I'll try to find my meds or at least my Amaretto.:p

LOL.."They" say I ramble a lot here too...have no idea what their meaning is. :D

We came right past Hamer, (was in 92). I remember IDOT was working on I-15 thru there and had over 40 miles torn up. My Chevy van took a beating on that stretch. Fairly nice countryside tho.

Yeah, I was just minutes away from lighting my hair, but had to go reply to ...I mean take care of ....well, you mentioned Springer! :p

imcharmed
05-03-2007, 02:34 PM
LOL.."They" say I ramble a lot here too...have no idea what their meaning is. :D

We came right past Hamer, (was in 92). I remember IDOT was working on I-15 thru there and had over 40 miles torn up. My Chevy van took a beating on that stretch. Fairly nice countryside tho.

Yeah, I was just minutes away from lighting my hair, but had to go reply to ...I mean take care of ....well, you mentioned Springer! :p

I'm glad your hair safe for now.
Well, luckily you didn't blink or else you would have missed the Hamer area. Now you can imagine going off I15 into Hamer, hang a left drive for a few miles, then right for another few miles til you come to the end of the road that was where I lived until my Dad decided it was time to move right into the middle of town. We had our cats, dogs, cows off and on, and a couple horses, and I almost forgot the pigs. Now, that was city livin' for me til I was 21 years old.
Sad life story right there, isn't it, thank goodness it picked up and now my hubby and I and the kids have traveled all over the place.
Getting ready to spend my birthday and our anniversary at Myrtle Beach this weekend, it don't get no better than this.:D

bad bob
05-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Well, luckily you didn't blink or else you would have missed the Hamer area. Now you can imagine going off I15 into Hamer, hang a left drive for a few miles, then right for another few miles til you come to the end of the road that was where I lived until my Dad decided it was time to move right into the middle of town. We had our cats, dogs, cows off and on, and a couple horses, and I almost forgot the pigs. Now, that was city livin' for me til I was 21 years old.
Sad life story right there, isn't it, thank goodness it picked up and now my hubby and I and the kids have traveled all over the place.
Getting ready to spend my birthday and our anniversary at Myrtle Beach this weekend, it don't get no better than this.:D

Thanks...my hair is nbd any more..only 3 left, same as my teeth. :D

But Hamer sounds like great small town living. Not a sad life story at all (IMO). We came from small town South Dakota. (Huron). I hated that we were leaving, but I was 10, and my parents said "get yer a$$ in the car, NOW"!

BTW Happy Birthday! :)

brian10x
05-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Bob,
The truth hurts but someone has got to tell it like it is.

You are an evil man and you are going to burn in ****.

I'll save you a seat next to mine.

Now try and be nice for awhile.

I really hate this censorship. Its not good to say "burn in heck"

LauraA
05-03-2007, 03:42 PM

Don't let him fool you. He really did resort to setting his hair on fire. Here's proof positive. (he'll deny it)

bad bob
05-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Bob,
The truth hurts but someone has got to tell it like it is.

You are an evil man and you are going to burn in ****.

I'll save you a seat next to mine.

Now try and be nice for awhile.

I really hate this censorship. Its not good to say "burn in heck"

FINALLY!!! Someone who knows the truth. I've been pounding that into this forum, (and other fori too, btw), for years.

So, is this just a 2-seater, or will other guests be joining us? It'd be such a shame to waste all that train space on just us.

B10X, be advised that about half way...those that are not really evil, only pretenders, are tossed off just on the north side of Pergatory. To save embarassment, best to dbl check b4 boarding. :p

bad bob
05-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Don't let him fool you. He really did resort to setting his hair on fire. Here's proof positive. (he'll deny it)

OK, who put the spy camera in my bathroom? I bet Cool Guy Andy had something to do with that, the little sneak! :D So Laurie, what do you have on Andy that he would do this fer ya?

OMG now you took Andy's keys too? :eek: Ya clepto...
I think you need counselling. Do they even have therapists in Lake Rosy? Prob not, so, it's off to Phoenix with ya lassie, AC or not. :)

LauraA
05-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Okay, now you've gone and done it. It's NOT NICE to pick on Arizona folks who are air conditioning deprived.:(
I'm personally booking your one-way ticket on Brian's trip to Purgatory.... in the smoking section, WITHOUT AIR CONDITIONING! :p

GaryB
05-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Just to explain what happened. I have cleaned out some posts, and have PM'd everyone involved and hopefully have resolved any issues. In attempt to keep a (as possible) friendly environment.

No one is banned or removed, or even punished. I'd like to think we can all get along as adults with out resorting to time outs.

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm off to go see some ghost towns. So play nice.

Seriously.

That is all.

Please pull forward.

Have a nice day.

PS. Brimstone and fire can be brought upon any spammers that tread while I'm away. Just do it without so many *****'s please.

bad bob
05-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Just to explain what happened. I have cleaned out some posts, and have PM'd everyone involved and hopefully have resolved any issues. In attempt to keep a (as possible) friendly environment.

No one is banned or removed, or even punished. I'd like to think we can all get along as adults with out resorting to time outs.

Now, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm off to go see some ghost towns. So play nice.

Seriously.

That is all.

Please pull forward.

Have a nice day.

PS. Brimstone and fire can be brought upon any spammers that tread while I'm away. Just do it without so many *****'s please.

And a right jolly good job ya did, I might add.
Pulling forward now, SUH <snap>
Having a nice day, SUH <snap>

BTW, I usually just use *** or ****'s SUH <snap> What's brimstone anyway? Oh ok.....Just looked it up...all it said was "SULFUR".
So lookout rotten spammer's ...er ya'll be gettin'.... SULFUR AND FIRE?

brian10x
05-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Well, it means habitual nose-picking.

I'm not saying I pick my nose too much, but if given the option of blowing vs picking, we all know which is more amusing.