PDA

View Full Version : GPS tracking in Nevada?

wizard1417
05-26-2007, 01:17 PM
I moved here from Oklahoma about 8 months ago on a job transfer and just bought a whites metal detector to get out and about to some ghost towns and back hills. Looking onto a GPS tracker so it will be easier and dont have to worry about making the wrong turns and wasting a lot of time. Question, was it here in this forum that i say a gps download that showed 300 sites of towns in Nevada. And if not does any one have info on where I might be able to locate such a program? thank you for your help. Wiz

wizard1417
07-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks for all the help,LOL,Bought a DeLorme pn-20 gps traker, it is great and works wonderful inside a car. I even get a signal inside my appt. It is confusing thou. Probably more difficult than garmin but the topo maps are better.

LauraA
07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi Wiz, Maybe this is the thread you were looking for in your original post. Which mapping software? - Ghosttowns.com Forums (http://forums.ghosttowns.com/showthread.php?t=15371&highlight=nevada+gps)
GaryB, our super-duper-moderator extraordinaire might be able to help you further. Good luck with your new purchase. :)