PDA

View Full Version : Potosi Gulch Idaho

Teddy
08-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Does anyone know for sure the location of Potosi Gulch Ghost Town in Shoshone County in North Idaho? It is listed on this site on the map and there is info about a CEM and cabin but it not shown anyplace close to the little creek that is known as Potosi Gultch that is between Murray and Delta. I checked with the Wallace Museum but he had never heard of it. It is listed in some historical documents from the 1880's but no location is given. Any help would be appriciated.

Johnnie
08-11-2007, 04:07 AM
Does anyone know for sure the location of Potosi Gulch Ghost Town in Shoshone County in North Idaho? It is listed on this site on the map and there is info about a CEM and cabin but it not shown anyplace close to the little creek that is known as Potosi Gultch that is between Murray and Delta. I checked with the Wallace Museum but he had never heard of it. It is listed in some historical documents from the 1880's but no location is given. Any help would be appriciated.

Welcome to ghosttowns.com Teddy, We have done a lot of research on northern Idaho ghosttowns and we to have very little information on that mining site we will check our arichives and old maps to see what we can find, I am suprised that John Amerson, the curator at the Wallace Museum, did not have more info. for you

We have a fellow ghost towner on the bulletin board, that has been researching many ghost towns in that aera "Cat, Ripply" is the best researcher we know and most likeky come up with the the best informating before we do . Maybe she will drop in this week end and give you more information good luck, we check back when we come up with something.:)

Your fellow Ghosttowners
Johnnie & Sheila

Idhoe
04-16-2010, 07:38 PM
edit !!!!!!!!! look at last post

Idhoe
04-17-2010, 07:38 PM
This is the 2nd time i replied to this thread.. Mods please approve my accout

Anyway I see you live in wallace .. So head over doabson pass and make your way to the .. pritchard muarry cutoff road. On the right.. Turns to gravel in like 1/2 mile or so. Head down the gravel road and keep you eye on the right hand side like 4 miles up give or take. You see a old wooden sing on the right saying Potosi Gulch . Went there yesterday and there wasn't anything that i saw but a large gold claim. didnt go up the road much father sence i was in my honda ..